Chapter 40: Beautiful Reunion; Part 1

Intro:

---

(Narrator's POV)

This episode will not be focusing on Azazel and his lovers. Instead, this episode is going to tell you all about the one person who has been searching for Azazel her entire life; Alice Lionheart, Princess of the Darklings, and Azazel's younger sister.

---

(Vereesa's POV)

-18 years ago, Alice's birth-

Within the chambers of the Lionheart Palace, in the bedchamber of Lothar III and Vereesa Lionheart, Vereesa is resting in bed, with Lothar III by her side. She was 9 months pregnant, and today was the big day.

Lothar III: Easy, my dear. The baby will arrive soon.

Vereesa: Azazel will be thrilled to see his little sister for the first time.

Lothar III: He will protect her with his life.

They hugged each other... until-

Vereesa: Ahh~

Vereesa places her hands onto her belly.

Lothar III: Is the baby coming?

Vereesa: She is!

Lothar III: Get her to the medical wing!

Royal Guards: Aye, m'lord!

They carefully escorted Vereesa to the medical wing of the palace, with Lothar following them.

---

(Lothar III's POV)

-6 hours later-

Lothar III was waiting patiently outside of the Royal Nursery, hoping for his wife to give a healthy birth to their daughter.

The High King had a worried look on his face, which is naturally when one's wife is giving birth to a child. It was possible for the mother, the baby, or both to die at childbirth.

Lothar III: (The doctors have my dearest wife in good hands. I know do what they can for a healthy birth.)

After a while of moping around, the doctor came out of the nursery.

Doctor Inksworth: Your Majesty.

Lothar III: Good to see you, Inksworth. Tell me, is my wife okay?

Doctor Inksworth: Congratulation. Your baby was born safely. Follow me.

The king goes into the nursery, where Vereesa is resting on the medical bed. The doctor hands Vereesa her baby, as she was resting peacefully, and Vereesa is cradling the baby in her arms.

Vereesa: She's beautiful. *Sniffs*

Lothar III: She truly is. *He cradles her daughter in her arms*

Doctor Inksworth: What name do you have for your daughter, my lord?

Lothar III: I know just the name to give her...

After a moment of silence...

Lothar III: Alice. Her name is Alice Lionheart.

---

(Alice's & Vereesa's POV)

-16 years ago-

Alice Lionheart was a playful young girl, enjoying her life in the Lionheart Palace. She had her brother, who she followed around everywhere, and her loving parents. She was already being educated by the finest tutors in the kingdom.