Chapter 23: Reunion

Intro:

---

(Azazel's POV)

I entered the living room, where 3, 8, and Cuttlefish were sitting, with a couple of items in my hands. Dedf1sh was still hiding from us.

Azazel: Okay, I've got a couple of Pearl's coloring books that you can use, 8.

I handed her the coloring books, which 8 took excitedly, and started coloring immediately.

Azazel: I've got a you a glass of paopu juice, if you want it, 3.

I handed it to her, which she reluctantly accepted.

3: Thanks... I guess.

Azazel: And I've got you two AA batteries, Cap'n. Since I see you've been trying to turn the TV on with a remote that has flat batteries.

Cuttlefish just placed both of his hands on his knees.

Cuttlefish: I just don't understand some things, nowadays.

I put the batteries in the remote, then turned on the TV for Cuttlefish.  I handed the remote back to Cuttlefish and let him flip through the channels for something to watch.

So, now 3, myself, and Cuttlefish were sitting on the couch watching the TV, with 8 lying on her stomach on the floor, coloring in the coloring book, while humming Calamari Inkantation. Dedf1sh would also be watching TV, though from a safe distance from us.

Cuttlefish was still flipping through the channels, so I thought I'd ask him a question.

Azazel: Are you looking for anything in particular, Cap'n?

Cuttlefish: The news channel, thank you.

He handed me the remote, to which I changed to the news channel.

Cuttlefish: Ah, I remember when my grandsquids did the news. I want to go see them, but from what I heard, Inkopolis Plaza is a ghost town, so I don't know where they'd be.

Azazel: You know, I can take you to them.

Cuttlefish and 3 looked over at me while 8 kept coloring in Pearl's book and Dedf1sh watching with curiosity.

Cuttlefish: You can really take us to them, lad?

Azazel: You bet. Should we all get going then?

Cuttlefish: Aye!

I noticed the look on 8's face when she heard that.

Azazel: Here.

I handed her my phone and some earbuds.

Azazel: You can play with my phone on the way there. Bring the coloring book too; you can use it when we get there.

8: Thanks!

8 had a large smile on her face and gladly took the phone, to which she was already looking up videos.

I walked over to where Dedf1sh was, and she hid herself from me.

Azazel: Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you. I just want to you if you are comfortable enough to come with us.

I stood there for some time, until she spoke up, in a almost mechanical voice.

Dedf1sh: My skin...

Azazel: What about it?

Dedf1sh: I'm afraid they won't accept me for... what I have become.