Chapter 5: Heated Rivalry Part 2

Disclaimer: Just like in the last chapter, I've decided to post this chapter today. Hope you guys enjoy.

Intro:

---

(Azazel's POV)

I woke up to a delicious smell. I instinctively sat up sniffing the air.

Azazel: *sniff sniff sniiiiiiff* Ah. Is that pancakes?!

I opened my eyes to reveal Peart setting up.

Pearl: How'd ya guess?

Azazel: The smell gives it away. So does this mean I don't have to worry about you and Marina barging in on me in the shower anymore?

Pearl: *Blushing* I-I don't know. Marina hasn't woken up yet.

Azazel: Really? Is she okay?

Pearl: Oh she's fine. Just... getting some extra beauty sleep. It's not easy looking like us.

---

Meanwhile, in Marina's room...

Marina is sprawled all over her bed, drooling on her pillow. While she's getting her "beauty sleep", her alarm clock is just flashing "12:00" over and over again.

---

Back to my room...

Azazel: Okay... So if I ignore that suspicious thing you just said, does that mean I can start eating this food?

Pearl: Yep! *You could basically see the sparkle in her smile*

Azazel: Cool!

And so, I ate it, as Pearl went downstairs to eat her food.

---

Pearl and I were sitting in Pearl's gaming room.

Azazel: Woah! That was so cool! How'd you do that?

Pearl: Years of skill.

Azazel: You just mashed the buttons, didn't you?

Pearl had a single sweat drop going down her face.

Pearl: No.

Just then, before I could even start my next sentence, a scream could be heard across the mansion.

Marina: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Pearl and I jumped when we heard it.

It didn't take long for us to both hear running footsteps getting louder and louder, until Marina had basically kicked open the door.

Marina: Pearlie!

Pearl: What?

Marina: You unplugged my alarm clock!

Pearl: No I didn't.

Marina: Then would you like to explain why my alarm clock was left just flashing "12:00"?

Pearl: Must've been a blackout.

Marina: Then how come your alarm clock worked?

Pearl: Must've been a tiny blackout.

I had to hold back Marina at that point. For an Octoling like her, she's surprisingly strong.

Azazel: M-Marina? Why don't you calm down? Get you something to eat.