Chapter 26: Homestead

Intro:

---

(Diana's POV)

She was going through the stuff that she managed to locate after she was evicted from her house.

Diana: Well... At least I still have all of my stuff.

Diana was looking through what she had from her old place. She held up a golden toothpick that Bordeaux had given to her as a gift.

Diana: I remember when she gave me this, after we defeated Tartar...

-Flashback-

Bordeaux, Cuttlefish and Pearl were on the platform being carried by the helicopter that Marina was on. By then, Pearl had pulled out her Killer Wail to destroy the structure that Commander Tartar had taken control of. I believed the elder race called it, the Statue of Liberty or something?

Tartar fired a powerful blast of sanitized ink out of that massive cannon, even though the statue was covered in deep pink ink.

Pearl reeled back, and after some time...

Pearl: Boo-YAAAAAAHHHHHH!

She had unleashed a powerful wave of ink to counter Tartar's blast. This beam struggle would determine the fate of Inkopolis, no... the world.

Their blasts struggled with great force, and it seems like Tartar is about to prevail...

But Pearl's blast soon overpowers Tartar, and he is ultimately destroyed, for good.

The agents began to celebrate, as Marina tackles Pearl on the platform, hugging her as Pearl struggles to remove her, Cuttlefish having his own fun, and Diana waking up, not remembering that she had been mind controlled by Tartar. Bordeaux had looked at her, placed her head on her hand, and gave her an adorable smile. She would then get up and walk towards Diana, and gave her a golden toothpick, as a memento of their friendship. They both smiled, as Bordeaux gave her a big hug, something Diana couldn't refuse, even if she tried.

-Back to reality-

Diana: I will never forget that moment, when she, an Octoling of all people, chose to become a close friend to me.

A thought then popped up.

Diana: I wonder if they managed to find a house yet.

She pulled out her phone and started going through it.

Diana: I'll call Bordeaux to see if they found a place.

Diana started calling Bordeaux. At first, Diana thought it was going to go to voicemail, but then someone picked up the phone.

Diana: Hey, Bordeaux?

Bordeaux: {Hi, Diana! What's up?}

Diana: So have you guys managed to find a place or something?

Bordeaux: {Actually, yes we did. Everyone is currently here.}

Diana: Do you have the address?

Bordeaux: {Oh! You wanna get adjusted to it? It's- Huh? It's Diana... She wanted to know our address... Okay, I'll send it to your GPS.}

Diana: Thanks, Bordeaux.

Bordeaux giggled over the phone.

Bordeaux: {We'll see you later, Diana. Bye!}