25- Blaise Zabini

REQUESTED BY: unknown_2810isa

Dozens of owls fly into the Great Hall, gracefully swooping through the air toward their few remaining owners, dropping off letters and packages sent, most commonly, by their parents. The majority receiving their mail are the Slytherins as a lot of the school has gone on the run, trying to flee for their lives.

Y/n crosses her fingers, hoping not to receive another letter from her father, but her hopes melt away as soon as a small, grey envelope drops in front of her. She looks up to see her white and beige barn owl loop around and fly through the entrance from which it came, presumably heading back to the owlery.

"Are you alright?" Blaise asks, wrapping his arm around Y/n, bringing her closer to him, rubbing her arm comfortingly. She instantly relaxes into his touch and hums, bringing her head up to press a sweet kiss on his jawline. "Who's it from?"

"Guess," She says dryly, flipping the letter over to reveal her father's neat writing etched into the grey with black ink; the stiffness of his lettering seems to perfectly correlate to the man himself.

Blaise sighs and places a kiss on her forehead, rubbing her arm a little harder. "He's still giving you lists?"

"Apparently. I wish at least one of them had your name on it because that would be an easier decision, but it's practically the same people only a few names are removed every time I refuse to choose which one of them I want to marry. It sucks!" She groans, tearing the family seal from the encasing and pulls out the neatly folded piece of parchment.

"You want to marry me?" Blaise asks surprised, a feeling of intense butterflies fluttering their wings in his chest.

He and Y/n have been dating since their fourth year at Hogwarts, and now, in their seventh, Y/n's father has been insisting that she find a pure-blood husband from Slytherin, whether in her year or older, it didn't matter to him, as long as she chooses from his approved list of eligible bachelors.

His patience with her has slowly been diminishing over the months that he's been sending her his letters, showing his unhappiness with her by diminishing the list, hoping to set a fire under her to choose sooner in order to find someone she could, hopefully, learn to tolerate.

None of the letters included Blaise's name.

Neither of them knew why. He is, in fact, a pure-blood Slytherin who fits perfectly with her father's beliefs, but that didn't seem to matter. No name, not an option.

During the years of their blissful relationship, everything was perfect. It was an absolute dream for them both to have finally found the person they want to be with most in the entire world. Of course, they didn't realize that in their fourth year, but now, three years later, they've realized just how important the other means to them.

Y/n has been thinking about Blaise at nights ever since the letters started arriving. She'd seriously been considering marrying him. She couldn't imagine spending her life with anyone else.

When the words, "I do," leave her mouth, she sincerely means them. She'd been thinking about marrying Blaise for months, imagining what it would be like, every scenario magnificent, with the exception of her father's reaction.

She would probably be disowned if she defied him, but, at this point, she doesn't matter. All that matters now is surviving the war and running away with Blaise as soon as their final year at Hogwarts is completed.

"I love you, Blaise. I am so, deeply, madly in love with you. Of course, I want to marry you." She whispers to him, leaning her head on his shoulder.