(Letter) (Young) James Potter

REQUESTED

~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n,

What I am about to write will be very sudden, but I need to finally get everything off my chest and send it to you before Remus calls me a bloody coward again.

You know how I've been about love ever since Lily. You know how I fall hard and fast and won't give up. You know I'm persistent and stubborn. What you don't know, at least I don't think you do, is that she completely ruined my confidence when it comes to having feelings now. Yes, I've moved on from her, but I absolutely cannot gather the courage to admit my feelings in person because of the sheer embarrassment and humiliation I've put myself through for years.

Right, that's enough of that. I know I should tell you this to your face, but I just can't, Y/n. So, here's my letter detailing everything I think about you.

I think you are one of the best people in my life. You're smart, funny, insanely beautiful, undeniably talented, and absolutely wonderful.

Y/n, you're the type of person that I could spend an entire day with without becoming bored out of my mind. You have no idea how much I love our one on one conversations (especially when you talk about the things you love). All of your thoughts and opinions are so incredible and you articulate everything so well and so vividly that I can imagine everything you say. I hang onto your every word and admire that special gleam in your eyes when you start getting passionate about a certain topic.

Y/n, you are my happiness. Whenever I see you smile, I smile. Whenever you laugh, I laugh. Whatever you have is contagious and I absolutely adore it. I swear, if I could draw, I'd work on portraits solely of when I see you smile. You are stunning in an adorable way (does that even make sense?).

Whenever I am with you, it's like the Earth stops spinning and it's just the two of us in our own little world that I never want to leave. In that world, I see your every emotion. Happiness, sadness, anger, everything. I want to block out the whole world and focus solely on you. I want to stay in that uninterrupted dimension and be the person you've been looking for all this time. I want to be on your mind the same way you're on mine. You are my first thought when I wake up. You are my last thought before I go to sleep. You are on my mind every second in between and in my dreams.

After Lily, I never thought that I would ever love again, but you... I don't know what happened, but one second I saw you as one of my best friends, then, after you started comforting me, I quickly realized that I have fallen for you. Maybe it was your attention. Maybe it was your affection. Maybe it was your willingness to listen to everything I have to say, or the way you would rub my back as I sulked with my head on your shoulder. Or, maybe it could've been the way you wouldn't judge me when I felt touch starved and would always give me some sort of physical attention like holding my hand or wrapping your arm around me. Whatever it was, I haven't been able to deny my feelings for you.

I hope you believe me when I admit that I have never, in my entire life, felt anything like the feelings only you have given me. Not even Lily. I always thought I loved her. I did. But I know the difference between you both. I loved Lily, but I am in love with you.

Y/n, I am so hopelessly and desperately in love with you and it scares me. I want to tell you every single day just how much I love you, but I don't even know if you feel the same way, so I bite my tongue and keep my feelings to myself. I don't know what would happen if you rejected me to my face. I was already broken down once by Lily, but you hold so much more power and I am completely terrified of ruining everything because I couldn't help falling in love with you.

I want to openly give you my heart. I want to be by your side like a lovesick puppy. I want to show you just how much I love you. I want everyone to know that my heart is entirely yours. I want everyone to know that I am entirely yours.

Y/n, I adore you. Every single part of you. Your mind. Your body. Your heart. I love you. I love the way you make my heart race. I love the way you make me feel special. I love the way you make me feel like I am important to you. I. Love. You. Please believe me when I admit that because I mean those three words more than I've meant anything else in my entire life.

I don't know if you will ever truly believe me, considering my previous feelings for Lily and all of my over the top confessions, but I do. This isn't one of those confessions because I want it to be more impactful. Saying something is temporary. I'm writing this to make it eternal. I will do whatever I have to do to prove my love. I will do anything required to make you believe me. I will overcome any and every hurdle you may set for me in order to set your mind at ease.

I love you, Y/n. More than you could ever comprehend. And I hope this doesn't make things weird between us. I wish you feel the same way for me, but I will respect you if you don't. I understand this is very sudden and that my past may complicate things, but I hope we can still be friends if you don't have romantic feelings for me. All I want is for you to be in my life, whether you're just a friend or (hopefully) my girlfriend.

Sincerely,

James