Chapter 8 ~ Adventure

With a new morning, came the crisp air and of course, bickering boys. Knowing how much Sapnap and Dream loved to poke fun at George, he hoped to keep the air of anything awkward and decided to pretend he wasn't embarrassed for crying in front of his friends yesterday. He felt inexplicably foolish for it, but so long as Dream or Sapnap never brought it up again, he'd do the same. 

 Luckily for George, he managed to avoid the never-ending lighthearted teasing thanks to Bad. They didn't have a chance to really in their down time, as Bad bothered all three of them about something they needed to do.

"Ow! Bad that's too much!" Sapnap cried, yet he didn't move his arm away from Bad. Sapnap and Bad were seated on the floor, Bad's cart of first aid was at his left, filled with potions, bandages, and creams of all types. With his time at home, he came to invent and experiment with lots of different ways for quick recovery, especially necessary with the boys who always seemed to come home with a new injury. 

"Well then, quit getting hurt so much and I wouldn't have to apply this much!" he snapped back. "I am in desperate need of more healing potions boys. and quit moving so much" he muttered at the end, as he patched up Sapnap for what seemed to be the third time that week. Sapnap was holding an ice pack to his upper arm, to which Bad was applying one of his special creams that always seemed to heal them up quick. 

They all went silent at Bad's tone. He wasn't usually the type to pick a fight, but he knew his way around a lecture. this seemed to be one of those moments. They all sat there feeling a tad bit guilty in the silence that ensued. They had been getting a bit reckless now that they were confident and trusted each other fully.  

Bad was just about to being a lecture when Dream jumped in. He got up from where he was leaning against the wall, and walked over to Bad, lightheartedly slapping a hand on his shoulder,

"No worries Bad, today we will go out and find a good amount of ghast tears for you so you can brew more potions! How's that sound?" he said, bright as ever. George and Sapnap looked over to him, expressions lifting as hope filled the air, could they avoid this one? This was another reason why they had all silently named him leader, Although Sapnap would never admit it. He always knew how to make everyone comfortable with one another in any argument. Bad sighed, and with it left the tension in his shoulders.
"Alright then... be careful please. I'm almost done".
"Ow! Bad!"

"hold still, Sapnap!"

It was decided then. After Sapnap had wholly recovered thanks to Bad, they had stocked their packs with food and supplies for a short trip to the Nether. They gave long goodbyes to Bad and finally, headed out into the vast wilderness once again.

It thankfully did not take much time to find a lava pool, but where most of their time was spent, or rather all of it, trying to find a Ghast. 

It was hours of searching high and low. Moments of fear from Blazes, constantly building to different levels, breaking and mining gold wherever they saw it, and in turn nearly escaping a herd of piglins. After all of this, and Sapnap joking about hitting a pigman, George had finally had it. They'd just landed onto a seemingly floating piece of netherrack, and George hoped down, tossing hs bow onto the floor. 

"WHAT IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW!! Aren't Ghasts like everywhere ALL the time when we enter the nether?!" he said exasperated and falling down on his butt onto the floor. "I've been shooting all damned day, and not ONCE at a ghast!" he shouted, flailing his arms as he fell onto his back. Usually, they would've preferred stealth, but even Dream was too tired to complain about his shouts. 

The others chuckled lightly at his animated outburst, but it was too quickly silenced by their own exhaustion of being in the nether looking for something for far too long. It was very hot there, and all of them were feeling sleepy.
"I agree, why can't we find one Dream? Is this like the one day they all hibernate?" Sapnap said, plopping himself down next to George who was now face down to the hard netherrack beneath them.