Chapter 12 ~ Crushes

The green hoodied man pulled up his mask and threw it to the side with an epic sigh. It had been another very long day.

Now that the stable was all built for Popcorn, they could finally relax, satisfied with their base at last.

There were always new ideas and things to update and change, but as of right now, they were content and completed. It was a good feeling for all of the Dream Team, even though it was them that would bring up things to add onto the list, they all ignored all the small imperfections, so they could appreciate this win.

Their home sat nuzzled in a mountain, hidden well by its large sloping mound. On the other side was their nether portal, from that view no one would know that just around the corner, it overlooked a large lake with a small dock and boats awaited use, a pen for cows and sheep, a brand new stable occupied by a yellow and white horse with attitude, and long pathways connecting them all together.

Without the pathways, they might even miss the fact that one of them lead straight into the mountain, where the only giveaway that there was a home there was the small archway, being lit up by lanterns and a barrel placed on either side of their dark oak door.

Within that door, in their main living space, sat Dream, looking up at the ceiling in content. Not far from him, down a ladder into the ground was Bad, who was organizing all of the many things they had collected over the years in rows of chests for storage each labeled nicely. Though Bad had them all memorized.

He emptied out Sapnap and Dream's backpacks for the hundredth time with a smile on his face. George had always handed him the materials, still in a messy way, but an improvement from the others.

He hummed a tune as he stored their iron, and went to the backroom to use their enchantment table.

Far above Dream and Bad, Sapnap laid on his bed in his room, sharpening a sword, and in George's room, he slept.

The next day there was sure to be another adventure, another flurry of movements, and danger. But these moments were quite beautiful to them all, nothing to do, but live in the quiet world they had created from themselves.

Consequently, the next day had to come, as that was how the world worked. Another adventure came.

Dream had become increasingly fond of George. His flirting becoming more and more apparent. His jokes lingered in the air as the three of them wondered "is he actually being serious when flirting with George?".

Dream was the first to discover he was.

Today Bad had decided to join them, before deciding that he was instead going to go to their nearby village and trade instead.

"Let us at least walk you there and then back" Dream pleaded.

"Will you three cut it out! I'm not totally helpless, besides you guys are going in the opposite direction!"

he said huffing a bit and walking out the front door, his pack looking a bit newer than the others. The three followed after him still in protest as they locked the door.

"But the thing is, we haven't really explored in that direction for a terribly long time anyways," George said, tripping a bit out of the doorway, after locking it. He hurried after them.

"Fine! Jeez, you guys are so persistent. I can handle myself you know."

"We know, but even we don't just go out all alone anymore. We can't risk doing things alone. What if you get lost? Or worse, you run out of food?" Sapnap said getting himself distracted a the thought.

"We all help each other out for the places we lack" Dream finished.

It was enough to warm Bad's heart, and they all walked in the direction of the village. after Sapnap said a lengthy goodbye to Popcorn that is.