Chapter 38 ~ Bonding

Sorry again for the long wait! I just got under motivated and honestly thought no one was interested any longer! I am also prepping for college so I am pretty busy😸 still haven't forgotten and I'm going to work hard to finish this book before I lose interest completely. Enjoy!!

"So how did you live anyways?"
"Why are you guys being so awkward around one another?"
"Who is this 'Bad' guy you hired anyways, see what I did there?"
"You know we don't actually have to make conversation" Dream spoke, biting his tongue in irritation after every question Tommy and Tubbo asked.
"Sorry, they're kids"
"Are they now, hadn't noticed" George said covering his ears at the burping contest they were now competing in.

Sapnap, George, and Dream had taken this route not too long ago. The winding hill up to the mountaintop, just on the other side, was the snow biome where they'd last traded with the village there. It was hard not to get down on that thought. The last time they walked this narrow path they had been all buddy buddy, relying on one another for anything that might come their way. It was hard not to be down when they were now walking this same path and two weren't on speaking terms, the weakest they'd ever been, were without Bad and traveling with their worst enemies.

Tensions between both rivaling groups were going about how anyone would expect it to. From the time they decided to team up, the other group seemed to be much more relaxed, zen even.

Sapnap couldn't help but want to question why. It felt like they had something his group never had. He simply couldn't keep this to himself, especially because he wasn't going to get much conversation out of Dream or George. It was their response that sparked an interesting conversation as they hiked higher up the hill that steepened when he asked about their unison.

"This terrain is ridiculous, don't you guys make paths for the places to often travel to?" Techno said, completely ignoring Sapnap's question.

"Hey, I-" Sapnap began,

"For your information," Dream snapped "we don't travel here often, and even if we did we'd never make it obvious enough to where our location is, so shut your trap. And while you're at it, tell Tommy to shut his as well"

"hey! I-" Tommy went before being disregarded as Sapnap had. They shared a look between one another for a split second, one that they both pretended hadn't happened, but wouldn't soon forget.

"Hidden base? Good one. Even before Sapnap had led us directly here, we'd already found it. At least we can communicate our attacks. Weren't you two completely unaware that the others had gone? What poor leadership" Techno said, sneering at the end of his phrase.

"I've said it before, we're a team," Dream replied. Sapnap chose the wrong time to scoff, but he simply couldn't hold back. Team? They could learn a thing or two about teamwork right about now. Techno remained silent, Sapnap's response was enough to come back at Dream. They hiked a bit longer in silence before techno broke it again, finally answering Sapnap's question.

"We are calm because we maintain order. A clear leader and clear rules to follow. Everyone follows, and there are no arguments, no silly disputes.'' Techno's timing was right on par to piss the others off. The Dream Team's blood pressure was steadily increasing though they were now reaching colder altitudes and were outside. Images of chopping one another's heads off were close to solidifying. If it hadn't been for Tommy's scoff, a fight might've started right then and there, but his exhale of physical defiance spiked interest in the others, all of them in fact, enough for deep thought to ensue just as Sapnap's had done.

After that, it was quiet for a long while, for most likely the best. Their snow gear was put on, and the coarse and firm sound of their boots on dirt changed to crunching that echoed throughout the white-coated scenery. The group of them walking was loud enough to alert all surrounding nature to flea.