Chapter 11 ~ Perspective

Feeling utterly cheated from their encounter with the ghast, on another base the group exited their portal atop a large mountain.

Tommy stumbled out last, his eyes darted quickly to the left at a bench overlooking the now setting sun.

Unlike the Dream team, they no longer had someone to come home to.

Perhaps they might have years ago, and still could have now if hed have been saved. But instead, Technoblade strode on, leading the four. The twinge of guilt still hindered in their hearts ad they passed by the grave of their admired loved one, who raised them.

It had started out being just Techno and Wilbur, but as the two younger boys grew and mimicked their elders, suddenly it became ritual, to place (or slapped in Tommy's case) a hand onto the gravestone, before entering their base, passing a bench filled with memories on the top of the hill, overlooking their home.

Each boy held a secret dear to their most shameful part of their souls, not daring to utter it to one another, and completely unknowing that they shared it all the same.

Not one of them didn't blame themselves for his passing, if only they knew that it was none of theirs. But men don't often communicate like that in an apocalyptic world, you know.

    Once inside the borders of their large spaced out home, they all went their separate ways, to deal with this new information of other people, taking resources of this world.

It was not easy to wrap their heads around, especially considering the world they've been abiding by meant everything and anything they ran into that wasn't a comrade they were free to kill to survive.

It was a change of pace and seeing as they robbed them, they didn't seem to be very good guys they would be trading with any time soon.

The one with the hat, Wilbur, set off to the cows to feed them, the intimidating Techno, over to their garden, to farm potatoes, and Tommy and Tubbo settled with sitting down at their bench, which overlooked their base, and what they most vaguely remember being read to by their parent.

Why they came here most out of the others? They didn't know, but had accepted the fact that it was now their spot to come to talk together about serious matters, which was quite often for two teenage boys.

Techno made no notions to the younger boys that he was interested in anything they would have to say. He always got like this when they returned home.

Not like they had begged or even asked Techno to join them in years. They'd long given up on that.

Wilbur sent the other two a quick smile, before hurrying off and following after Techno. They knew the look well. "Id love to hang, but I've got anything else to do"

In reality, the older two were afraid to spend time there together, after what happened. While becoming an incredible fighting team, they distanced themselves from one another.

    Tubbo flopped down onto the bench almost immediately after having lightly traced his fingers on the grave, whereas Tommy hesitated a bit, choosing to stand as his eyes followed the older two boys immediately go back to work, pretending as if nothing had happened today that was significant at all. He frowned.

Tubbo, caught sight of this after a little bit, and to get his attention, patted the seat next to him. Still entranced, Tubbo decided to clear his throat, finally getting a reaction out of the other. Tommy shuffled a bit, reddening slightly for zoning out too long, and sat carefully next to his best friend.

Poor Tommy, he thought. The kid tried with all his might to be as aloof as his older brothers were, but his emotions were always written clear as day all over his face. Much to the loud ones dismay.