Chapter 28 ~ Soup

Dream needed the time to himself. After Techno had left him there with his life still in his hands' Dream let out all his pent-up emotions. He had realized then that he was so truly in love with George that it hurt, and Techno had helped him reach that conclusion. This information would be a lot for anyone to endure, and Dream being who he was made it ten times harder.
    He had refused to eat for a long time, letting his wounds bleed. It wasn't until he finally cracked under the pain that he pulled out a gapple and chewed it slowly. He felt like a little kid after a tantrum.

He hated the feeling and hoped that the gapple could not only fix his health but his mental state as well. Maybe it would fix him into being straight. Maybe it would let him hate Techno again. At the very least fix his headache? It did none of that. But his body did feel in tip-top condition.

There was really no reason to sit and sulk any longer. He had understood it now, and he had already spent hours coming to terms with the facts. Now that they were here, he would simply have to ignore that he was in love with George. Once Dream had unlocked this part of the puzzle, he was up and walking home. He couldn't be away from George's side any longer. If only to have a few more moments left with them both living on this earth. He couldn't believe how much of it he'd already wasted.

    He still felt guilty for leaving the others behind. He was in so much trouble. They had wanted to prevent him from doing this in the first place. He had been so selfish. They were hurting as well. But he still couldn't bring himself to regret it. For some weird reason, he was glad that he had fought Techno. Glad that he had told him something about himself. Sure, he still hated the guy, but he somehow understood him now. He had experienced this with their first fight. It was an unspoken knowledge between the two, something only they had. It felt weird, but he knew Techno felt it too. It made him far less intimidating.

By the time Dream had made it back home, his mind was so mentally exhausted he felt like George would have on an average day. It hurt his brain. He still knew he would have to apologize though. He waited a needed moment before turning the handle.

As he walked through the door he was immediately bombarded with hugs. He embraced the two that hugged him with full force without a moments hesitation. God, he was so sorry. And they forgave him. It was new for them, but no one pulled away. Dream felt himself fading in and out of conscientiousness, but he'd yet to formally apologize.
"Guys I'm–"
"We know" Bad said
"You can see George tomorrow, he woke up not too long ago" Sapnap finished.

It was all that had to be said. Dream smiled so brightly his face hurt. He was so grateful that he was going to be okay, and with that knowledge, he cried, then fell asleep, right in the other's arms. They showed him nothing but compassion, holding back from mentioning where the splattered blood on his axe and clothes came from, as well as his broken hand and missing shoelace. Finally, everyone was safe and home. They laughed, and laid him down on the couch, covering him with pillows and comforters, before turning off the lights and heading up to bed themselves, taking solace in having everyone alive and somewhat well.

    The next morning came all too soon. Bad helped George shower, which took quite a lot out of him, then tried to get him to eat after replacing the bandages, which in turn took a lot out of Bad.

sapnap then came in and tried as well, to be just as unsuccessful. All the while George continued to ask about Dream. Knowing he was back and safe seemed to not be enough for him. The only things he'd speak about were Dream questioning if he was fine and dandy. Bad and Sapnap rolled their eyes at how oblivious he was and continued to deny his constant requests to go downstairs and see him. "He will come up once he wakes okay George? Now, will you cooperate?" The morning had been filled with so much excitement and so little fuel, George fell right back asleep. As for Dream, it took him quite a while to get up, sleeping in for the second night in a row, but once he finally did, the first person he thought of was George.
    He got up to go greet him, but he was stopped by Bad, who insisted on breakfast (or lunch in his case), to take a very desperately needed shower, and then go help Sapnap, who had been outside working all day to fix Popcorn's pen.