Chapter 46 ~ The Rest Is History?

George had slightly under-explained their situation. When they had been knocked off by the phantom they were indeed thrown into the cave below which, though quite roughly, caught their fall, but the sound of their landing alone caused seven or eight spikes from above to fall onto them. Their situation had been grim then and it was only about to worsen.

Wilbur had been knocked right on the head by a rather medium-sized rock, and as he groaned and went to grab some bread, Dream and Techno had begun calling to them.

They couldn't simply stay quiet in this situation or else the others might abandon the plan and come down to save them. If they made a sound however, it was almost ensured that the rest of the spikes would come tumbling down upon them. Knowing Dream, he would definitely have to assure him. Trapped. George needed more time to think of what to do. More to let Wilbur recover and give his thoughts. More time than they had.

George scanned the area rapidly, not allowing his shitty eyesight to disable him now. He glanced up and saw Dream's concerned face from all the way above. He upon instinct alone, pulled out his bow in a moment, and shot an arrow at a beast swooping down on Dream in that second. Had he waited a bit longer to even take aim, he would've been too late. He wasn't worried however, he'd been well versed in the bow for far too long now to hesitate. It was now that he'd made another reckless decision as the dust began to clear and he saw more and more of Dreams face, his shock, his worry, his suicidal disregard for his own safety at the mere sight of George. He found himself shouting up to confirm to Dream that they were still alive.

Now, they were faced with the issue George had been worried about from the start. It wasn't long for the rest of the delicately pointed rocks to break loose and fall onto them. Thinking on impulse now, George jumped and pushed Wilbur and himself to the side, to where one part of the cave didn't have any spikes above it.

George's head spun as he coughed out loudly after his first inhale of the dust surrounding them both. He did his best to hold his breath by pulling up his blue sweatshirt over his nose, but still, he and Wilbur coughed until it had settled enough to see one another. The situation was grim, and George quickly assessed their situation.

There wasn't much to explore. It was pitch black now, and an enclosed space with no way out. He couldn't help but think of Sapnap, and be grateful it hadn't been him that got trapped here. He was terrible with small and enclosed spaces for too long, and there was no chance they were getting out of this one by themselves.

However, it wasn't great for him either, as one of his worst fears, the darkness, surrounded him completely. He began feeling around the small enclosure, determined to get a good read on the situation, and he was quite sure, with most of his senses at least, they were stuck here. Wilbur hadn't spoken a word, he was mostly still coughing, but now that had died down into heavy pants. George finally taking notice of this, began to feel around Wilbur with his hands, up-down, and all around, trailing until where his hand should have been was a fat boulder. Instead. Wilbur did little to protest, if not a few huffs in uncomfortability. He spoke first.

"George, my pack." George felt around for where Wilbur kept his pack, and once finding it, he listened to Wilbur's instruction and lit a torch, pinning it against the wall. His eyes squinted, but once they were able to adjust to the piercing bright light that was beginning to give him a bit of a headache, he saw the full extent of the situation. He gasped, which was quite the mistake as he let out many forced coughs due to the still lingering dust in their enclosed space.

George, once having some sight had realized they were both coated in dust, and he'd cut his forearm quite deep on a spike, however, his stinging pain paled in comparison to Wilbur's. His arm was cut off at his wrist, underneath a large boulder. It wasn't sharp or impaling him, but it looked like he wouldn't be able to escape with George's help on his own. Despite this, he still sure tried.