Chapter 48 ~ Deja Vu

Hey Guys! I've been going through a rewrite, and I'll be uploading that as well as the updates! So if you like the story and would like to follow along in the way I wanted things to kind of flow and appear to the reader, check that out!! I will still delete this once I'm happy with edits and the story has been finished. probably just replace it all once I finish the whole story and rewrite, but think of this as my rough draft! We're nearing the end anyways.

I have already replaced many chapters, they just sound better, more organized, and better written, starting from around the chapter "Pain" until now. I do want to keep the beginning chapters as they still have the feel of the oneshots I was originally doing when creating this story. cant' get rid of ur roots amiright.

Please vote and leave comments on anything you guys liked or want improvement on! Sorry again for being gone so long! But enjoy this chapter :)

****

George's breath was heaving faster than all the men around him combined. He had to force himself not to glance back at the others any longer, and forced his brain to focus on his stepping, terribly aware that one misstep, would be his last. The world through his eyes was pitch black. This image alone caused many to cower in fear, hugging their knees, bolted to one spot as the abyss and what dangers lurk in the unknown take over their minds. George, however much he wanted to, did not have this option as he ran through it as fast as he could, eyes desperate and searching in vain.

The others, such as Tommy for instance, had at least a dim sense of surroundings, even more so for those holding a torch of light. George focused his eyes on the torches that Techno and Sapnap held in front and behind him, however, they did little to no help, as they only blinded him worse, looking into the direct light causing his eyes to pound into his head in an excruciating headache that followed the beat of his heart, regardless, he ran as fast as he could. The only sounds that surrounded him were the stamping of the others as they ran with him, and the distant cries of phantoms from not far behind.

He soon came to the realization that his breath wasn't steady like the others, but in fact ragged and panic-ridden. He needed to steady his breathing, or Dream might think that he wouldn't be able to handle the plan. He had given Dream a look of reassurance. He let him know that he could do this. A shout from behind him caused him to jump slightly. It was Sapnap."We have to keep an eye out for George, he's running blind!" He shouted to the others. For a split second, George thought that it was useless, none of the others would help him besides probably Wilbur at this point as he quickly analyzed the little time they had all spent together.

Getting to know each other had been only filled with rough glares and sleeping with one eye open. George had concluded up until this point that now they had Tommy's music at any minute he'd be elbowed roughly in the side, and his last sights would be midnight black and maybe a glimpse of red. And then it occurred to him that Techno had saved their lives, and Sapnap had spent a lot of time with Tommy and Tubbo. If they'd wanted to betray, it would've happened already. He'd realized they were true allies tonight. He found himself speeding up his pace. Dream shouted as well in agreement with Sapnap.

Suddenly, he saw Tommy come into view causing George to flinch so aggressively, that Tommy had to latch onto his arm to help him regain his balance, so it was him who was closest to George. He had been panting aggressively and grabbed at George's hand. Although he flinched at first not sure if it was him or something else, he grabbed back, grateful for the guide.

They began to approach the bridge now, and this was when Techno began to yell.
"Won't they be able to just fly over the cliff?" he called back to Dream in particular. Despite this, George answered.