Chapter 14 ~ Composure

While George's gut feeling had been correct, they now still had to face the co sequences of Dream's actions. He'd fallen asleep on duty, and now it was all up to Sapnap, to effectively read his silently pleading best friend's minds and give an answer to get them out of this dangerous situation.

With three very large strong looking men, draped in silver and leather. Each holding crossbows at one of the boys.

"Uhm... Earth?" Sapnap managed to finally get out. Dream facepalmed.

"No! Where were yeh's born!" he said angrily.

Sapnap now smiled. A well known idea formulating, causing George to follow after Dream.

"Earth," He said again.

"Where do yeh live!"

"Earth," Sapnap said in a deeper tone, mocking how deep they talked. The other's blood was beginning to boil. George understood that feeling all too well, and knowing Sapnap's smirk, smiled himself, for once it not being him that had to bicker with Sapnap.

"I mean what vicinity on Earth is yeh from! Yeh can't keep saying earth like that, or else it's clear ye lot ain't from the village!" He said.

And it was done.

"Well, you see you didn't specify that... I just woke up, and it's quite rude not to be very specific to someone who was just sleeping" Sapnap said crossing his arms and looking away.

"Yer gonna regret taking us lightly kid," he said with venom in his voice.

"What do you mean? I answered all of your questions. And now that I understand what you meant I'll gladly tell you that my friends and I are just from the village not too far from here aren't we guys?" George and Dream nodded.

The man took a deep breath to recover.

"Right, don' matter anyway. Now that yer is all awake. We want all your valuables."

"We don't have any on us," George said. Lying easily.

"All Villagers trade using emeralds, yer lot don' go anywhere without em," He said, moving closer to George, and sticking his arrow into George's neck. 

George instinctively grabbed onto his crossbow. He looked over to Dream and Sapnap.

The others eyes sharpened.

It was clear there was no other way out of this. They nodded in agreement.

"Now!" Dream said. Sapnap pulled out his sword and knocked the crossbow out of the guy's hand who had it pointing towards George. While he simultaneously sent a heavy fist at the guy who had his crossbow pointed at Dream.

Caught off guard from punch to the jaw, he shot his crossbow, to which Sapnap had just in time deflected the arrow with his own sword.

Meanwhile, Dream had lunged from George, pushing him roughly out of the way and latching onto the arrow which had cut George's face.

It was just enough to confuse the three men, but as it was their specialty.

Despite injuries, the Dream Team ran without hesitation. This tactic almost always worked, which is why George didn't mind that his cheek was bleeding as he ran, nor Dream as he chucked the arrow that had sliced open his hand.

What they didn't account for was backup.

A loud ringing was heard from behind them, and before they realized it, five, ten, then twenty men were after them. Each of them equipped with crossbows, loading up, aiming to shoot, and nearly missing the boys trying to escape.