𝟑𝟑. Turn the page

𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝙸'𝚟𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚍 𝚏𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝙸 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝙸 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 

𝙱𝚞𝚝 𝙸 𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝙸 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝙸 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍

27th November

He gave up from sleeping after spending one hour with his eyes closed, hearing the neighborhood's screams. Assuming from the mingling of noisy sounds coming from outside, it was the first rush hour which means, around nine o'clock. His hands rubbed the eyes, forcing him to be fully awake.

"Bloody hell." Benny grumbled as he raised up. He stopped in front of the mirror, looking at his reflection. Messy hair and bunch of mosquitoes' bites in his chest for sleeping shirtless and with the window opened.

He walked lazily to the kitchen countertop, grabbing the ground's caffe box. His mind started to run over the events planned for today: make a shopping list, talking with his sponsors to provide money to Russia and wait for Leonor. Unconsciously, his eyes rolled as a protest. He felt so cozy in his apartment, with his old clothes and without talking to anybody. Benny was excited for going to Russia, but he was aware that it wasn't a genuine happiness, and he knew why.

Soon as the coffee smell was felt, the phone started to ring. One of his hands grabbed the mug while the other answered the phone. A pinch of hope invaded his body, making his heart race.

"Hello?"

"Hello Benny Watts. It's August Tiger."

"Oh, hey." Benny sighed, leaning against the table. "I was going to call you to talk about R-"

"We think the same, I see." August started to laugh. "I want to talk with you about Russia."

"Sure."

"As always, we'll cover the overall costs, but I wanted to know if you want to pick someone to go with you or if I can manage someone to make you company."

Benny compressed his lips, looking at the liquid inside the mug. He didn't know what to say. For some reason he was holding on in something almost impossible to happen and if in case everything went like he wanted, he would have company. Or not.

"I cdo know that part yet. Can I tell you later?"

"Yes, sure. Tell me before 10th December to organize everything in time."

"No problem. Anything else?"

"Congratulations for your win Benny."

"Thank you, August. I need to go. Call me if you need."

Benny putted the phone and stared at the wall. During these two days he avoided this moment: the moment where the loneliness could take over his mind, making some thoughts coming back to the surface letting him drown in a well full of memories with a specific girl whose he was trying to avoid mentioning the name.