𝟑𝟔. Rainy days means love

「 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝙸'𝚖 𝚊𝚜𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 

𝙿𝚞𝚝 𝚖𝚢 𝚗𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚙 𝚘𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚝 

The smell coming from the dishes acted like siren's voice: unconsciously people started to agglomerate around them, taking a piece of each option and then, went to their designated seats. Beth got lucky by staying in Sophie's table, alongside with Patrick's family and wife's parents who seemed to become attached to her quickly. The main advantage of staying in the main table was having waiters to serve the food avoiding the crowd and maybe having the most beautiful view to a garden with small benches surrounded with flowers and placed around a water fountain.

"Our Sophie always liked food. I still don't understand how a girl like her can eat so much." Mom's Sophie – well-known as Davina – laughed, cleaning her mouth. "I remember when me and her father had to hide the snacks and the carrots." Davina laughed loudly, spreading her energy to the husband who started to laugh as well. "She was crazy over carrots. We tried to stop her by saying if she ate too much, her skin would turn orange. But Sophie got happier and told that she wanted to be part of carrot's family."

"Mom!" Sophie whispered between her teeth, making Beth grin.

"I never knew your real aspirations Sophie, I'm feeling offended." She reached her chest with the hand, making a sad expression.

"Has she told you about her accident during a volleyball match?"

"No, please tell me ma'am." Beth smiled.

"Ok, enough contact for a day." Sophie rosed up out of her chair, placing her head between Beth and Davina, making Patrick laugh. "My dear Beth, could you check the garden and see if they already started to prepare the cocktails?"

"But I'm e-"

"Now or this will be your last meal."

"Well, at least it was a delicious chicken."

"Now."

"Ok, ok." Beth rolled her eyes, raising the arms as redemption. "I'll be back. Excuse me."

Harmon rose from the chair and stepped her way out of the building. She didn't know if it was luck or not, but her thanks were directed to the warm sun who was fighting bravely against the chilly breeze.

She followed the trail built with rocks while her eyes appreciated the naked trees. The winter were probably her favorite season. Everything seemed so much raw and authentic with the mother nature naked followed by the rainy and cloudy days. Winter was about intimacy in her eyes and that was the most valuable and genuine feeling and the only one impossible to pretend.

"Beth."

Her neck turned slightly, focusing her eyes on Frank who seemed to have his eyes a little bit reddish thank the usual. Beth approached him, sitting next to him. She could smell the intensive wine fragrance coming from his mouth and the collar were unbuttoned possibly indicating that he was feeling suffocated.

"Are you ok?" Beth finally talked, analyzing his profile view.

"It depends." Frank forced a smile while his hands was playing with each other. "An honest answer or the hypocritical one?"