𝟐𝟏. Cinematography

𝚆𝚎 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚒𝚗 𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

𝚆𝚎 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚒𝚗 𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑 𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛'𝚜 𝚎𝚢𝚎𝚜

✎✎

MOVIE 002

DATE 04/11 

▕ ❙❙  ▶ - 4:28

The sky was blue painted with fluid brushstrokes of orange and pink tones. The camera is pointed at Beth who is lying in a white blanket, resting her hands in the belly while around her it's perceptible a few empty tupperwares and a straw basket. Her eyelids are closed, and a subtle smile is in her lips. The navy-blue dress covers her crawling skin due to the afternoon-breeze.

"Benny what are you doing?" She chuckles, without opening her eyes.

"I'm just recording this peaceful moment." He whispers. "You should be an actress or something. You look good."

Beth opens her eyes and laughs, looking behind her. With one of her hands, she covers her face making Benny's laughter sound behind the camera.

"Don't be shy, miss Harmon. You're ruining my masterpiece." He smiles while observing her hand going down slowly. "Way better. Now make that look."

"What look?" She giggles, raising her eyebrow.

"You know what I mean, that look." He empathizes the word 'that'.

"Buying that camera was a mistake. Can I return it?" Beth jokes.

"Of course, not dear, one day you'll show this to your kids while you talk about your oldest friend, Benny Watts which was one of your biggest flings and also the most good-looking chess player you ever met."

For a brief time, Beth looked at the sky compressing her lips before smiling at him again.

"You're so full of yourself."  She rolls her eyes.

"No, I'm not. It's obvious you have a crush on me Harmon." He jokes, drawing near to her.

"Yes, sure. Of course, I have." The sarcastic intonation was clear in her answer. "What are you doing?"

"Well, I thought it was obvious but I'm trying to lay next to you without letting the camera fall."

"Give me that." Beth raises her arms, grabbing gently the camera. Quickly she turns the lent to Benny whose lying next to her. After his head land in the blanket, he takes his hat, putting it next to him. His gaze is directed to the camera, giving a smile.

"Stop smiling behind the camera. You're contagious."

"Thank you, mister Watts. Anything else to add in the list?"

"Come here." He rolls his eyes, hugging her waist with one for his arms, using the other free hand to cover the camera.