𝟑𝟓. Reconnecting

𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚖𝚎 

𝙼𝚢 𝚏𝚞𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚎'𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 

𝚆𝚎 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚒𝚗 𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

 𝚆𝚎 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚒𝚗 𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑 𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛'𝚜 𝚎𝚢𝚎𝚜

The pleasant weather matched the atmosphere grabbed in the little fancy chapel. The flamboyant architectural adornments framed perfectly with the simple and fragrant white flowers spread over the pews. All guests were arriving slowly, starting to save seats to those closest while admiring the background music, played in a majestic organ.

The front row was destined to the married couple's parents and the most intimate ones. The winter sun flooded the space, giving a tepid hug to the ladies which their dresses didn't protect the skin.

A red-haired girl run over the crowd localized in the church's exterior while through her mouth, few mean words slipped in a low intonation cursing the lack of assiduity from her. Soon as she entered in the local, her mouth went down, and the eyes travelled around the place. She was mesmerized and amazed for never hearing about this place that possessed a surreal beauty.

"Beth, you came!" Lilia approached her, making Beth's heart pound for instants. "You look stunning." Her gaze travelled through her body, returning to Harmon's reddish face.

Beth's dress was sophisticated and discreet, however the fact he was tight enough to sharp some of her curves in the waist and mold her thighs, gave some daring spice.

"You look amazing too." Beth gave a shy smile, while searching above Lilia's shoulder for someone. "I thought the ceremony was already in progress."

"No, more three minutes and we'll have the most boring moment in our existence just to see the blondie girl happy." Lilia laughed, making Beth smile.

In a couple of minutes, the building was already full. Beth seated next to Lilia and Maya. Mérida was the bridesmaid and Clara warned Maya previously that she was arriving a little bit later. The organ player started to press the keys passionately, making the guests close their mouths and turn the bodies over the gates. Especially the girls, Beth could see some eyes narrowing as Sophie started to step calmly along the trail, build with candytuft petals over the floor. Sophie was surreal in that dress, she looked like a model from the classical paintings with the white wedding veil, covering her gold hair twisted in a simple topknot. The dress' tail crawled over the cold floor and no one could not avoid looking at her torso, produced with a translucent fabric embroidered with simple white flowers, growing from her belly to her breast ending up covering the area.

As the bride went through Beth, Sophie gave a subtle smile to her friends. Lilia was already with the eyes wet and Maya was holding her hand, emotional. Beth winked at Sophie and before turning to the priest, her eyes collided with a familiar brown eyes. The dryness sensation hit the girl's throat and the blood started to get warmer, painting her cheeks. Benny didn't stray from her hazel eyes, making Beth's heart race forgetting about everything around her. Seeing him so well-dressed, made her realize how elegant he could be even though his black outfit was Beth's favorite after his pajamas. With no words or ideas, she could feel their hearts getting tangled once again. Watching him so far from her, made her body cool. She wanted to lose herself in his arms and be embraced by his lips, connecting their souls for the first and the last time. Watts were static observing her, with his mouth slightly open.

"Today we are here to celebrate the eternal union between Sophie Miller and Patrick Campbell." The priest voice echoed, turning Beth's attention to the ceremony.

...

After a creek formed by Maya and Lilia's tears, the first time ended. Patrick hired a photographer, occupying the next hour with a photoshoot with his wife and the closest guests, including Beth.

"You look gorgeous in that dress. Oh gosh it was beautiful the whole cerimony." Lilia hugged Sophie tightly. "They grow up so fast."

"Thank you my dear. I'm so grateful for having all of you by my side today, thank you." Sophie invited the small girl club for a warm hug.

"I'm sorry for arriving late." Clara apologized for the third time, making Sophie smile.

"No worries." Sophie winked. "Now, I need to talk with my husband's family, so I suggest our snacks before the lunch and to socialize with the people. They are all nice, I swear."

"Thank you, mom." Lilia hugged Sophie once again. "I'm gonna meet with Merida over there. See you later girls."

"Well, I'll socialize with some guests." Clara smirked, before turning around.

Sophie looked at Beth, with a complacent smile in her lips.

"You know you look stunning today, right?" Sophie stroked Beth's cheek.

"I guess." Beth laughed, trying to find Clara over Sophie's shoulder. "But you look like a goddess in that dress, Sophie." Sophie gave a smile, stroking her cheek.

"And you know that Benny doesn't care about women but you, right?" Sophie grabbed Beth's chin, forcing her to focus her eyes on her. "Don't be silly."

"We don't talk anymore, and it's been almost two weeks since we stopped to speak. In two weeks, he can decide to forget me and move on, as he should."

"Are we talking about the same Benny? The last time I checked, he was crazy about you."

"I was a jerk."

"Yes you were." Beth rolled her eyes as answer to Sophie's. "But talking with me it's not gonna help you at all. So put your shit together and go talk with him."

"Maybe later..."

"Then don't cry if Carla ends up catching his attention."

"Do you think?" The insurance in Beth's voice started to be noticeable as her eyes started to drove over the people, searching for them.

"Whether or not," Sophie tilted slightly her head to her left, drawing Beth's attention to Benny and Clara chatting "Clara it's really good when it comes to flirt." 

✎✎✎

2