𝟑𝟕. Epilogue

「 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚊𝚢 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚖𝚎 

𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚊𝚢 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚎 

𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚖𝚎 

𝙼𝚢 𝚏𝚞𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚎'𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 

「 𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐌𝐏𝐓 」

Beth was seated in the floor with her chessboard observing black's position. Benny went downstairs silently, leaning against the wall while his eyes studied her concentrated expression, painted and iluminated with warm tons given by the afternoon sky. Spending the time similing became a routine for Benny after spending two weeks with her, every hour of the day.  Everything was in the right direction  which made him feel afraid of bring forward the Russia topic, about how he wanted her presence in the middle of the snow.

"Move you bishop." Benny finally spoke, making Beth's body shake slightly.

"You need to stop doing that." Beth rolled her eyes with a grin in her lips while her fingers moved the bishop near to king's square.

"Doing what, love? Helping you?" He laughed, walking closer to the board, sitting in front of her.

"Look at me like a creep." Beth chuckled.

"Interesting, so you don't like when I observe you?" Benny smirked, observing Beth's cheek turn red.

"I'm not saying that..."

"So, you like when I watch you?" He tried not to laugh of Beth's shyness towards him.

"Stop it, you ridiculous cowboy." She placed her hands in front of her face. "God won't let you live in Heaven after seeing your dirty soul."

"I'm already in Heaven my darlin'." Benny whispered, focusing his attention on the board. "Here, you should do this."

Beth uncovered her face slowly, observing him carefully. Falling in love for Benny was unconscious and dangerous. The words from his mouth seems always so depth and captivating than the other people. Living with him during these weeks was a rollercoaster of unknown emotions and feelings, giving to Beth's a marvelous chaotic experience.

"I'm naked." Beth woke from her inner travel, looking at Benny who laughed instantly. "You only want my body, Harmon."

"I'm sorry." Beth laughed while a smile grew in Watt's lips.

"Here, watch this." Benny moved the white knight, creating a sequence of pawn taking knight, bishop takes knight and ending up with the queen in the last rank. "Checkmate."

"That's my man." Beth smiled at him. "Wanna play?"

"Whites?"

"Whites."

The log glass of time seemed to pause in their minds every single time they were in contact. Everything almost seemed meaningless compared with the feelings nurtured for each other. Loving Elizabeth was Benny's paradise and for Beth he was her favorite color that she could have in this life.