Chaos Emerald Chaos

"So, this Chaos Control created a time wrap through space and time, and that's how you guys ended up here." Penny mused.

"Hmm, I think I understand it that much!" Chris added.

"But I still don't understand what these Chaos Emeralds are, the ones you keep talking about." Penny said.

"You've never heard of the Chaos Emeralds?" Tails asked, surprised. "Boy, you two really have a lot to learn, don'tcha?"

"Each Chaos Emerald is filled with a magical power." Silver explained. "Blaze here is the guardian of SOL Emeralds, which are a lot different from Chaos Emeralds."

Blaze blushed at his remark.

"So you can imagine what happened if you found all seven of them." Amy smiled.

"But no one has ever found all 7 Chaos Emeralds, and now, it's very improbable that anyone will ever find them." Chuck turned to us.

"Why is that?" Cream asked.

"Well, you see, Cream, every one of those precious emeralds has disappeared." Chuck said seriously.

"That doesn't mean they're gone for good." Sonic spoke up.

They turned to him.

"Anytime the seven chaos emeralds come together in one place, they scatter and disappear all over again." Sonic explained.

"Sonic's right about that." Cloud said suddenly.

"Then that means they're still out there someplace!" Penny said, slamming her fist into her hand.

"That's right!" Sonic turned to Penny with a smile.

"Only we don't know where they are, and if they're on this planet, that's good." Tails said.

"But if they're still on the planet they came from..." Penny began.

"We may never get home." Tails finished, looking seriously at her.

"And if there is a way to find them, that means we'll find a way to verse the time wrap. You guys will be able to go back to your planet before you know it. Right, Sonic?" Penny asked.

"Yeah. No worries." He smiled at the girl.

At school the next day, almost everyone was talking about the new creatures, and wondering where they were from.

"I bet you that little hedgehog is so fast, they're never going to get him!" Chris and Penny's friend, Danny, said excitedly.

"I bet you're right." A girl around the same age as Chris, who was sitting at our table with Penny, Chris, and Danny, added with the same amount of excitement. "Chris, Penny, do you think they'll catch that hedgehog?"

The Thorndyke siblings were startled by the question. "Uh.... I don't know."

Before they could say anything else, our principle entered the room. "Children, may I have your attention, please?"

The students turned to him.

"I'd like to make a brief announcement to you all. Your teacher Miss Westerly will be taking a leave of absence. Therefore, she will not be with you through the remainder of the semester.

"Awww." Some students complained.

"Wow!" Frances muttered.

"Please say hello to Mr. Stewart, who will be your substitute." He motioned to a man wearing a blue jacket, light blue button down shirt, white shirt, and grey pants. He had yellow hair, glasses, purple eyes, and a friendly smile. Penny wondered if he would be better than Miss Westerly.