Showdown in Space

"Topaz, I'm transmitting my report now. Over." Rouge announced.

"Be careful, Rouge. That space colony is a dangerous place!" Topaz warned her friend on the other end.

Rouge yelped as a sudden bang echoed around the station, along with a force so powerful that it caused her to hit her head on the ceiling.

................

Turns out that forceful explosion was made by Sonic and Shadow, who were endlessly fighting each other.

The two stopped for a minute, and Sonic saw a ring up ahead. This gave the hedgehog an idea.

"You've interfered for the last time!" Shadow growled. He jumped in the air and shot more Chaos Spheres at Sonic. Sonic managed to dodge them all and grab the ring at the same time.

Sonic smirked, and with the ring's help, Sonic managed to knock Shadow off of his feet.

"All right, Shadow!" Sonic growled as he faced his opponent, who was on the ground. "What's going on here?! Where's Penny?! She'd better not be hurt, Shadow!" Sonic growled at the fallen hedgehog below him.

Shadow smirked at Sonic as he got on his knees. "You'll find out!" He said.

Sonic growled at Shadow, but his anger was interrupted the space ship started rumbling.

"Sonic," Shadow growled at him. "Your time is running out!" Shadow took a leap for a hole in the wall and disappeared.

"Wait!" Sonic called, and ticking caused him to turn around, glancing at the timer.

..................

The door opened, and Penny, with Silver close at her side, along with Blaze, Knuckles, Amy, and Mr. Tanaka. They ran up to Eggman as he banged his fist angrily on the dashboard.

"He tricked me!" Eggman growled. "My own grandfather tricked me!"

Penny's eyes widened as the Emeralds were soon enclosed into the machine.

"The Chaos Emeralds!!" Knuckles yelled. Eggman tried to reach them before the doors closed, but it was too late.

Penny's eyes drifted to the man on the screen...she was surprised at how similar the two looked.....and wondered who he was.

"The countdown marking my final revenge on this world has begun! In a few minutes, you will be destroyed! Space Colony Ark will hurtle through the atmosphere and crash into this planet with devastating force! You have no time to remain this disaster and absolutely no hope for survival! Your rulers took my granddaughter Maria from me. So I'm destroying everything you care about. Now you'll feel what I felt when I lost Maria! You'll see. You'll see!"

Penny's heart started pounding fiercely against her chest. This was the most fearsome speech she's ever heard in of her life.

"Who's he?" Amy asked in confusion. "And what does he mean...?"

"That was Professor Gerald Robotnik," Eggman exclaimed, his expression showing seriousness. "He was a scientific genius and my grandfather."

Penny watched as the record of Professor Robotnik re-winded itself. She yelped as the ship started shaking violently once again.

"Feels like this place is breaking apart!" Knuckles growled.

"Soon it's going to get a lot worse." Rouge suddenly commented. "I just checked the colony's propulsion systems. The computers are locked so we can't reverse the course. Looks like there's nothing we can do."