Shadow World

"After the explosion on Prison Island, an emergency response team searched for survivors. Fortunately, the team now reports that everyone made it off the island safely."

At that, everyone sighed in relief. Chris sighed as well and put his hand over his pounding heart, closing his eyes.

"I told you not to worry," Sonic said. "Penny must be okay."

"But if she's not on Prison Island, and she's not here...." Blaze said, trying to figure out where her young friend might be. Something clicked, and Amy jumped up. "Shadow must've taken her to Dr. Eggman!"

Mr. Tanaka nodded in agreement.

"Don't worry," Sonic said, determination in his eyes. "I won't stop looking 'till I bring Penny back home." A memory of Penny saving Sonic from the pool soon entered his head, and he frowned even deeper.

"In related news, authorities are still searching for Sonic and Silver the Hedgehogs. They..."

At that, Ella switched the TV off.

Everyone was silent for a while.

Sonic couldn't take it anymore. He jumped up. "I'm going to find Penny." He announced.

"But the police are looking for you!" Blaze protested.

"Don't worry!" Sonic reassured her. He zoomed out the door.

"I hope Sonic doesn't get caught again," Amy said with worry. Cloud patted her shoulder reassuringly.

"If we all search, perhaps we can find Penny."

"Where should we look?" Tails asked. "Shadow probably took Penny to Eggman's secret base! But we don't have any idea where it is!"

"Tails has a good point." Chuck said.

"Well then, if we're going to find Penny, we have to find that base!" Cloud said, frowning and crossing his arms.

"Then let's start looking right away!" Cream suggested.

Cheese chaoed in response.

.............

Now, where was Silver this whole time? He was laying low with Knuckles. The two ran down the desert and paused to rest.

"I'm going to get even with that bat!" Silver heard Knuckles growl behind him. "She stole the Master Emerald from me!"

That's when the world started shaking around them, and both Mobians pressed themselves to the sand. The two looked up and saw smoke over a sandhill.

The two stood up. "That sounded like a rocket!" Silver said, and the two dashed towards it. Their eyes widened with surprise as they saw a strange-looking pyramid.

"Eggman's base!" Knuckles growled.

..................

Penny stared out a window, looking at the dark world around her. Her eyes widened in surprise to see Earth right below her.

"Whoa." She gasped softly. She smiled a tiny bit. "It's hard to believe I really traveled into Space! And we're inside a space station?" The girl asked Shadow.

"They call this place Space Colony Ark," Shadow said, crossing his arms and closing his eyes.

"I've never heard of it before!" She said, trying to hide her nerves.

"It was built 50 years ago by Professor Gerald Robotnik. It's been kept secret." Shadow explained to her.

"Wow!" Penny smiled. "A secret space colony!" She was sweating a little, but she kept her cool. "I wonder if I'm the only girl who's ever gone into space."