Head's Up, Tails!

"Let's go!" Knuckles told Tails.

"Right!" Tails laughed, and they dashed forward together. Sonic soon zoomed ahead and smirked. "Later, guys!"

.....................................................

"Quick! Launch attack!" Eggman ordered, seeing Sonic come closer.

"Yes, sir!" Decoe said.

Eggman shot missile after missile at Sonic, but thankfully the speedy hedgehog managed to dodge each and every one. Soon, he turned around. Knuckles noticed this. "He's turning back!" The red Echidna yelled.

Sonic soon ran up to them and looked at Tails. "Tails!" He called back. "You okay?"

"Uh-hu!" Tails smiled, and the fox took off his bandage and ran after Sonic. Sonic smirked as Tails joined him. "Come on!" He darted ahead, but the two were separated for a short moment by a missile that nearly blew them to pieces. Tails and Sonic looked at each other in shock. The missile left a hole in the middle of the ship. Knuckles grinned. "I'll meet up with you later!" He smirked. "Now's my chance to search for the rest of those Master Emeralds!" And with that, he darted into the hole.

"HEY, KNUCKLES!" Tails called out in worry.

"Don't sweat it, Tails!" Sonic smirked. "You and I can look for Penny. Let's go before they launch another attack!" He darted off, and Tails flew after him.

...............................................................................................................

While all of this was happening, Gama thought about the little bird again. Before he could do or think another thing, Eggman called to him cheerfully through the speaker. "Oh, Gama! Report to the control deck immediately! I have a job for you!"

Gama marched off.

...............................................

Penny ran as fast as she could through the ship. Penny's heart pounded loudly against her ribs, so loud that she was sure the other robots would hear it. Lilly flew after the girl. Soon, they came to a stop. Penny gasped. "If only we can find a way out..." She mumbled. Seeing two shadows and Lilly chirping frantically at her in warning, Penny widened her eyes in fright when she saw Eggman's robots blocking their paths.

"We got you!" Bocoe said.

"Yeah!" Decoe said.

Penny thought quick and grabbed the nearest metal object that she could use as a weapon, and held it above her head. "I don't think so!" Penny said. Both robots backed away in panic. "Please calm down!" Decoe said nervously.

"Back off!" Penny smirked. She was about to attack when someone grabbed her weapon. She yelped, and evil laughter filled her ears. The girl turned around to find Eggman holding her weapon back. "Going so soon?" He smirked.

Penny's eyes widened. "Sonic, where are you?!" She cried in her head.

"Oh, Eggman!" A familiar voice called. Penny's eyes widened with excitement as she looked up, and saw Sonic and Tails looking down at them. "Don't you think you should pick on someone your own size?"

Penny smiled, her heart finally calming down when she saw him. "You did come..."

Penny quickly used all the strength she had to free herself from Eggman's grasp and knocked away the robots. "Remind me to thank Sonic for the combat training...." Penny smirked.

Sonic and Tails jumped off the wall and landed on Eggman. They groaned, and Sonic looked over at Eggman. "We gotcha. Give up!"

"I guess so...." Eggman whimpered.