Shadow Knows

"Attention, control. We are currently heading south. The suspect is in custody."

"This is control speaking. We verified your position. Handle suspect carefully. This one is slippery. We got one, the other is still loose."

Sonic frowned as he sat in between cops. He and Silver both had been accused of something. Silver made it out, but they caught Sonic quite easily, to his surprise. He was confused more than ever... He and Silver would never do anything wrong in the world. So, why was he in cuffs and sitting in a helicopter on his way to Prison Island, with Silver to soon follow?

"You're awful quiet." One of Sonic's guards remarked.

"So what?!" Sonic snapped at him.

"Well, from what I've heard, you caused quite a ruckus over at Prison Island the other night. Now we can't get two words outta you!"

"Guess I'm not feeling too chatty!" Sonic continued to snap.

One of the guards shot up and had his gun ready. "You'd better watch that smart mouth, hedgehog, or you'll be running laps in a 10-by-9 cell!"

Sonic smirked at them.

Then, yelling was to be heard from the helicopter.

"What's going on up there?!" Someone yelled.

Sonic ignored the yelling behind them as he shoved the helicopter door open. He looked down. "I gotta get the jump on these fly guys!" He smirked, and he jumped off on a ship object that was shaped like a skateboard. He ignored the yells of, "COME BACK!" As he fell.

Sonic yelled as he twirled downward.

............

At a skate park, kids were enjoying their fun time when Sonic sped right through them on his little skateboard. "Sorry, dudes!" Sonic called to them as he darted off.

.............

Sonic skidded downtown when something met his eye. "Whoa!" He gasped.

The army's robots were headed straight towards him.

"I'm outta here!" Sonic exclaimed, and he darted away. He yelped as the lasers shot at him, and the hedgehog had trouble trying to run away from these guys. His eyes widened as they started smashing at other things instead of him, including newly repaired buildings. "Man, these guys mean business!"

Sonic dove under a manhole cover and managed to trick the bots into flying off.

...............

Sonic walked around underground for quite some time, wondering what had happened. He was left alone, hoping that Silver had found refuge somewhere.

"How could Silver and I possibly sink any lower?" Sonic frowned to himself. "What are Silver and I running away from, anyway?" He wondered. "I mean, we haven't done anything wrong, have I? I just wonder what it is they think we did."

As he walked, he found himself wondering about his young friend. "I hope Penny's okay..."

.............................................

As for Penny, she was doing fine, and still the news of Sonic being accused hadn't reached her or her brother Chris. The two siblings were at a new school, and Penny just transferred up to a higher grade, so she was no longer in Mr. Stewart's class when she got back. She sighed in thought.

"Hey, Penny." The girl she was walking with said with a smile, looking at her with wide eyes. "I heard you and your brother come from Station Square!"