Flood Fight

It was recess time at school, and Danny and Francis were playing basketball outside. Helen sat by in her wheelchair, watching. The two cheered as Danny tossed the ball straight into the net.

While the kids were having fun, Mr. Stewart crouched low in the bushes and called his homeroom through his communicator watch. "This is Chalkboard Charlie calling homeroom. Christopher and Penelope Thorndyke are still absent from school." Something bumped against his leg, and he heard Danny yell, "Get the ball, Frances!"

"Mr. Stewart?" Frances called. He turned around. "Could you throw me the ball, please?"

"Hey, Mr. Stewart!" Danny smiled. "Why don't you come and play?"

Mr. Stewart looked confused. "Uh... me?"

"Yeah!" Francis smiled. "It will be fun!"

"All right." Mr. Stewart smiled. He held the ball in his hands and started dribbling it towards the net. He took a leap, and the ball landed victoriously into the net.

"What a net!" Danny said in excitement. "That was an awesome shot, Mr. Stewart!"

"Well, I was an alternate on the practice squad back in college." Mr. Stewart said, sheepishly rubbing the back of his head. Helen laughed.

Mr. Stewart looked at her in curiosity. "Did I say something funny, Helen?"

Helen smiled. "I was just thinking that I'm happy we got you as our teacher!"

"Really?" Mr. Stewart asked.

Danny smiled. "We weren't sure about you at first, but you're cool!"

Mr. Stewart rubbed his neck. "Thanks, Danny." He smiled.

...................................................................................

Penny stared around the empty workshop that Tails worked in. "I thought Tails, Silver, and Sonic would be here in the workshop!" She said, glancing around. "Wonder where they are!" She thought for a moment. "Maybe they took the X Tornado out. I guess I just missed them." She smiled a bit as she stared at some rough sketches of the X Tornado. "I can't wait to show them what I got!"

She smiled. "Sonic's gonna be so proud of me when he sees that I found a Chaos Emerald!"

..................................................................................

While Penny was searching for Sonic, Silver, and Tails were walking around the forest, when they stopped to see their old friend, Knuckles.

"It's Knuckles!" Tails said.

Knuckles turned to the trio, a smirk plastered on his lips. Below him was an unconscious Eggman.

"Eggman!" Sonic said in shock.

"What'd you do to him?" Silver asked as they joined Knuckles. "Nothing." The red echidna said. "I found him this way."

Tails grabbed a stick and poked Eggman with it. He looked up as Eggman got into a sitting position. "AAH! HE'S ALIVE!" Tails cried, completely freaked out.

"Of course I am!" Eggman growled. Sonic stared hard into Eggman. "What happened?!"

Eggman looked at Sonic. "Chaos turned against me!"

"How come?!" Silver asked, surprised.

Eggman looked down. "Because... it wants to use the power of the Chaos Emeralds all for itself."

Having enough, Knuckles growled and ran up to Eggman, threatening him with his fist. "Tell us where Chaos is now or else!"

"Take it easy, Knuckles," Sonic said, thinking quick and pulling Knuckles off of Eggman.