Pure Chaos

It was raining late one night, back in the world where Sonic and his friends came from.

Under a tree, Big the Cat slept gently. Sleeping by his side was a frog.. a frog Big called Froggy.

A bright light had awoken Froggy, and he hopped towards it. Big groaned as he hurried after his friend. "Wait for me, Froggy!" He cried. He dashed after the little frog.

Finally, Big found him sitting outside a pile of rocks. "Ribbit! Ribbit!" The frog croaked.

"Froggy, your toys are turning so big!" He told the little frog.

Seeing something sparkly in a rock, Big walked up to it. It seemed to be a purple jewel. "What is it?" He asked. "Sure is pretty!" He said, picking it up. "Somebody must've dropped it!"

He looked at his pal, who started hopping up and down. "Finders keepers, right pal?" He asked.

Froggy croaked in response, hopping up and down.

However, something blue was moving around in the rocks, slithering towards the two. Froggy hopped around and saw the eerie blue water. Then, it lunged at Froggy, right into the frog's mouth. The frog yelped in surprise. Big turned to his pet frog. "What's the matter, little buddy?" He asked.

No answer.

Big watched closely as his little frog began twitching. And then, a tail sprouted right behind the frog.

"Hey, am I seeing things?" He asked. "You're growing a tail!"

The frog turned around and lunged at Big. Big yelled in surprise as Froggy knocked into him, snatching the Emerald from his hand.

Big blinked in surprise as Froggy hopped off with the Emerald.

........................................................................

"It's been six months and I still don't understand what happened when the Chaos Emeralds came together!" The President said to his group of people, who were discussing the event that happened with Eggman, Sonic, and Chaos Control that had happened six months ago.

"Sonic and his friends thought Chaos Control will send them home planet, but a piece of their planet was sent here instead."

"Still, our citizens appear to be taking it all in stride, Mr. President."

Topaz turned to the female who was standing next to her.

"In fact, the plans to turn mystic ruins into a world-famous tourist attraction is certain to be a great boost to the economy."

"Maybe so." The President said. "But one thing still has me worried." He turned to his group. "Dr. Eggman."

"I wouldn't worry about that, Mr. President. We've got intelligence teams all over the globe, tracking his whereabouts. Plans are also underway to install a new network of surveillance satellites."

"Really?" The President asked.

"Right." Rouge smiled. "But no matter how hard you spin it, you still haven't managed to catch him."

"Rouge, please!" Topaz started. Rouge turned to her. "It's true!" She said. "Isn't it?" She smiled. "Who cares about agents and satellites? Why don't we all admit that he's just too smart for us?"

"Rouge is right." The President said, standing up. "And all this time, since Chaos Control happened, we haven't heard a peep out of Dr. Eggman!"

"Isn't it obvious?" Rouge asked. "HE's taking a little break to plot his next move!"