Beating Eggman (Part One)

Watching TV in the family room, Cream smiled as she watched her favorite show. "Bye-bye, friends, I'll see you tomorrow!" The cartoon character said with a smile.

"Bye bye!" Cream and Cheese said happily.

Ella came in. "I thought you two might like a little snack." She smiled, putting the plate down.

"Thank you Ella." Cream smiled as glanced hungrily at the treat.

Suddenly, the TV switched to a news channel. "We interrupt our regularly schedule program to go live to our SSTV correspondent, Scarlet Garcia."

"The president's top aide is going to make a statement before taking questions from the press corps."

"The president has decided to put a stop to Eggman"

"What." Ella, Cream, and Cheese looked shocked at this.

................................................................................................

Up in the air, Amy, Tails, Francis, Penny were all flying in the X Tornado. They were all excited to get it, and Francis seemed eager to have an adventure of her own this time.

"Amy, there's my house down there!" Francis smiled, showing Amy the view.

"Which one?"

"Do you see the one with the red roof?"

"Yeah, that's great Francis!" Amy said.

"You should come over to visit some time," Francis smiled at Amy.

"I will, thanks!" Amy smiled.

"Hey, Penny, do you think we can fly over the school?"

"Ahh...." Penny muttered, not sure what to say. "Maybe, Francis."

"Guys, this isn't a sight-seeing trip," Tails said. "We've got to hurry and track down the next Chaos Emerald or Eggman will get to it before we do!"

"I know, Tails, sorry." Penny said nervously.

"It's all right." Tails smiled. "Hey, Penny, where did you get those high-tech goggles? From your grandpa?"

"mm. No. My teacher Mr. Stewart gave it to me." Penny smiled, adjusting the goggles so they could cooperate with her now shoulder-length hair. Penny leaned over to Tails. "Like them?" I asked.

Tails nodded. "They're cool!" He smiled.

"Yeah, they're one of the best gifts I ever got!" Penny smiled. "Chris was super jealous when I showed him!"

However, Penny didn't know that there was a tracking device located on the goggles. And what she didn't know was that Mr. Stewart was hearing everything as they zoomed over the school.

Soon, Mr. Stewart took off after the X Tornado.

..................................................................................................................

The President's aide knocked on the Thorndyke's door. Ella  opened the door and was surprised to see the man from the news there. "You're the president's aide!" 

"Is Sonic at home?" The aide asked.

She thought for a moment. She knew something was up, and she also knew that Sonic was resting on the rooftop, and that Silver was out hunting for Chaos Emeralds somewhere in the city. She would not even turn Sonic and Silver in to the President! So for their sake, she decided to play dumb, like Chis and the others did to her. She wasn't sure if it was gonna work, but she had to try.