A Chaotic Day

In Grandpa's workshop, Sonic, Knuckles, Silver, Chris, Grandpa, Penny, and Big all sat next to each other, sharing drinks. Penny sat down next to Sonic on a pink bean bag chair, while Sonic sat on a yellow one and Knuckles relaxed on a purple one. Chris sat on the bed, and Silver stood in the corner, thinking.

"Shouldn't we be out trying to stop Eggman instead of a coffee break?" Sonic asked impatiently.

"I'm hoping we can put our heads together and unravel the mystery of Eggman's Chaos creature," Grandpa said as he took a sip out of his coffee.

Knuckles turned to Sonic and Penny. "It's the most powerful thing I've ever seen!" He said. "We've watched it gulp down two Chaos Emeralds like they were candy!"

"They made that thing even stronger!" Sonic said in agreement.

"It sounds like it's going to be a weird challenge to defeat this creature," Grandpa said, and our attention turned to him. Knuckles looked down to the ground. "It will." He mumbled. "I knew it would be trouble when I saw it on Angel Island after Chaos Control happened."

Knuckles frowned as he remembered. "Angel Island was transported into this world. That's where the Master Emerald was. I guarded it around the clock. One night, a huge ball of lightning woke me up. This wasn't an ordinary thunderstorm. Something very strange was happening at the summit. I knew the Master Emerald was in danger, but it was too late. And that's when I saw it."

"If the Mater Emeralds' on Angel Island, why are you here now and not protecting it?" Penny asked Knuckles curiously. Knuckles looked at me. "Because it's too late." He explained. "The Chaos Creature made sure of that,"

......Flashback......

"Hey, who are you?!" Knuckles roared at the creature. The creature raised his arms and growled down at Knuckles. Behind him was the Master Emerald.

But it was shattered.

"What happened to the Mater Emerald?!" Knuckles yelled fiercely. "Are you the one who destroyed it?!"

The creature said nothing but grunted and raised its arms.

Knuckles took action and tried to fight it, giving it a punch. The blue creature melted as the Emerald glowed, and disappeared.

"Wait!" Knuckles cried. But it was too late.

"Blast!" Knuckles growled. "Where did that thing go?!"

That's when the ground started shaking, and Knuckles braced himself. "Now what?!"

Angel Island was sinking to the ground.

"The Master Emerald keeps us hovering in the air! But it can't if it's shattered!"

Soon, the island landed in the water.

......End of Flashback...........

Knuckles grumbled a little as he looked down. Grandpa gave him an apologetic look. "You shouldn't blame yourself for what that creature did, Knuckles." He said, and Penny nodded. "Yeah, it wasn't your fault." She smiled, patting his arm. Knuckles smiled a tiny bit at her.

Chris looked at Big. "When you were looking for Froggy in the forest, did you see something that looked like Chaos?"

Big thought for a moment. He told the story of how he saw the blue thing force itself into Froggy, sealing the mouth of the frog shut tight, and then the tail grew. He told them how surprised he was when Froggy hopped on him and forced something out of his grasp, and hopped away with it.