Depths of Danger

"Are you ready for desert?" Ella asked.

"Yeah!" Amy, Cream, Blaze, and Penny all smiled happily. Chuck walked in.

"I'm glad you're all here." He smiled. "I have some great news."

"What sort of great news, Chuck?" Tails asked.

"I'm going to hand out some official documents issued by the government that you'd need to hang on too." Chuck smiled at Tails.

"Documents?" Tails asked.

"To verify your identity." Penny smiled at Tails.

"But what for?" Blaze asked.

"They'll help you prove who you are when you travel around." He turned to Tails. "And for Tails, we have a special licenses that allow him to fly any kind of aircraft he can build to any destination on the planet."

Tails looked up from his documents. "All of these just to fly?" He asked.

"He never needed them before." Chris pointed out. Penny nodded.

"Well, that's the price Tails and the others will have to pay for being made residents at this place." Chuck smiled at them. "From now on, they'll have to follow the same rules and regulations as the rest of us."

Mr. Tanaka nodded.

Amy smiled as she flipped her book open, but her eyes narrowed in anger.

"What's wrong, Amy?" Penny asked, noticing her expression.

"I LOOK TERRIBLE!" Amy cried furiously.

"Really?" Tanaka asked.

"You do?" Penny asked as well.

"Let me see." Cream said.

"Why did they have to use that picture?!" Amy asked angrily. "I look like a lunatic!"

"No, miss Amy." Mr. Tanaka said nervously. "I wouldn't say that makes you look like a lunatic... exactly."

"It makes me look like a more insane, off-the-wall, out-of-control maniac. I HATE IT!!!" She screamed, and the rest of us ducked for cover.

"Hey, there, guys." Sonic smiled, walking in with Cloud and Silver. "What's all the excitement about in here?"

"Sonic,  Silver, Cloud, just in time." Chuck smiled. "I've got your documents, too."

 Chris Penny smiled as they walked over to the guys, and handed them each a document. "Always keep them with you." The girl smiled.

"Thanks." Silver and Cloud immediately flipped through theirs, while Sonic just stared at his. "What's this for, Pen?" He asked his young friend.

"It's a passport," Penny explained to the blue hedgehog. "So you could go wherever you want whenever you want to!"

"Pretty cool. I do like to travel." He smiled. "If I went everywhere I wanted to go on this whole planet, it would take me..." He started chuckling. "about a day."

Sonic and Penny looked at each other, and burst out laughing, leaving the rest of their friends and family looking confused.

"We'll see you later!" Amy smiled, waving to Chuck, Ella, and Tanaka.

"Where's  Chris, Blaze, Silver, and Cloud?" Penny asked suddenly.

"Since there's not enough room in the X Tornado, they decided to take the train there!" Amy smiled.

"Wow!" Penny smiled. "Hope they're having a great time together!"

"Be careful up there!" Ella warned. "No funny stuff!"