~ C h a p t e r 75 ~

~ Monsters Under The Bed ~
> 2000 words <

Izuku did not finish the tape.

He couldn't finish watching... that. The sickening visuals made him want to throw up again. His stomach was empty, and his laptop was slammed shut and slid under the bed.

The monster under Izuku's bed was that laptop.

It laid in the shadows, like a ghost. The mere presents of the object being so nearby kept Izuku restless in his bed. It loomed over Izuku, like a giant monster, creeping closer and closer to him. It stayed in the dark corners of his mind, making him feel watched. They were dead. And he wasn't even strong enough to watch it. He knew he should be sticking through and watching that tape. He could find some sort of evidence or a lead to finding the people behind it. He should be giving it and handing it over to the others. For leads. For suspects. For evidence.

But that would just prove how much of a child he was. He couldn't be selfless enough to pull through. They already looked down on him enough. But that was selfish of him. He would give them the tape eventually. After he programmed Mint to scan in. Mint could find something. Then he would hand it over to Nezu.

Soon. He would hand it over to Nezu soon.

Every time he blinked, he could see it. He could see it all. He could see the aftermath. He could hear the gunshots. He could smell the ash. He could see the fire. He could see the fresh pile of bodies. He could smell them. He could see the old, charred pile of bodies. He could see the dead little girl. He could see the limbs. He could see the blood. He could see the organs. He could see the gore.

He could see his name.

Izuku. Izuku. Izuku.

It was an endless chant. A sick song that kept Izuku twisting and turning in bed. What would the rest of the tape entail? Would it show them lighting the...

Would it show them lighting it on fire? Would... would it contain a message to him? What if the tape held something important, what if the why was explained? Izuku didn't know. And he didn't think he needed to know. Not... not tonight. Tonight he couldn't push himself anymore. He couldn't if he tried.

Izuku. Izuku. Izuku.

He had half the mind to go and wake up Katsuki. But that wasn't fair to Katsuki. He had already worried his boyfriend enough. Besides, he would find out soon anyways, the news would surly cover it. And the teachers will probably talk about it. Izuku knew he should talk to someone about it. And for the first time, Izuku wanted to talk to someone about it. For the first time, Izuku wanted the help he needed.

He hasn't felt this longing pull in his gut for a long time. He hasn't wanted help in a long time.

Izuku. Izuku. Izuku.

Izuku's mind had been fuzzing around. Nothing felt real. Everything felt too quiet and too slow. This usually happened whenever Izuku was apart of bigger, more traumatic cases. Sometimes he would get nightmares for weeks. Usually, he was fine. But this time...

This time it was personal.

This time it was a horrific event that happened to get through to him.

It had a new meaning. Everything did.

Izuku. Izuku. Izuku.

It hit him different. This happened because of him. It was obvious. But he knew better than to completely blame himself. He did not make those people kill. He was not the one to pull the trigger. He was innocent.