~ C h a p t e r 80 ~

~ Choices And Friends ~
> 1566 words <
>unedited<

It's been staring at him.  The small object was watching him—he could feel it.  It was like a magnetizing pull.

Why don't I just go get it?

Izuku clenched his fist.  No, he wouldn't give in. Not to that other side of his brain.

Just go get it.

It was like a magnet.  A strong, persistent magnet that clouded his thoughts and made his mind fuzzy. It was almost impossible to think straight.

What if something important happened?

Nothing important could had happened. The world was darkening away, fading into the outcast of his vision. It was as if he was in a cloud.

There could be vital clues. Something important.

What could possibly had happened to make such an outcome?

The answer to everything could be there.

Moments like these, where Izuku was stuck in his own mind, sometimes made him wish he didn't hold thoughts. His mind liked to fight, and today was no exception.

What if there was something the police missed?

It was something he didn't want to do. But the idea of something important being there. The... the unknowing feeling of all of this almost hurt. It made him so frustrated. The world was just cracking and tumbling onto him.

He wouldn't give in. It was pathetic, but Izuku could feel himself giving up. He has been in situations like this before, but never one that was so personal. After all, he barely had a person life for so long. Everything just wanted to crash down on him, and right now it seemed like his brain wanted it to happen now.

Whats the worst that could happen?

Rationally, not much. Only the fact it was literally unnecessary pain.

A pain I should burden. It is, technically, my job.

As the world blurred, streaks of red and yellow dancing flames started to flare. It almost felt warm. It almost smelt smokey.

Clues... it's a piece of evidence. I shouldn't had stopped, I need to go through it all.

The flames rose up from the floor, slowly cascading their way higher and higher. There blurred streaks of colors wrapping themselves around the darkened room.

There... has to be something of importance...

The fire blasted, and suddenly the entire room looked to be aflame. The darken room was suddenly full of light and shades of color. He looked around the flames with a tired expression, his body curled up on the floor. This was the last those people saw, right? Wouldn't those kids... those people want justice? Their families would want it too. He wanted justice for them too.

• • •

And just like that, Izuku was snapped back into reality. Suddenly he was out of his mind and on his couch, a sleeping blond right next to him, and people walking the halls outside of his office.

Right then and there, Izuku made a decision. One that ultimately would leave him hurt in more ways than one.

It was an odd day for class 1-A. Their teachers went easier on them than usual, and Aizawa wasn't there for homeroom. Nemuri though, commented saying he would be back in class after lunch. She didn't comment on much else.