~ C h a p t e r 11 ~

Paralyzed

Izuku is glad he wears a masquerade mask, because as soon as he heard the familiar sound he almost started crying.

But he couldn't, not here, not now.

He looked at the screen and saw a close up of his friend in all his glory, using explosions to blast himself across streets and to other robots, before blasting those himself and moving on.

Izuku almost whistled on how strong his friend had gotten in the years, and because he got hotter-

His face flushed and he buried his face in his hands, he really just thought that, didn't he?

Izuku sighs, so what if his old friend was hot? It didn't matter to him. Why would it matter to him?

Well then again Izuku already knew he wasn't attracted to females-

So what, he hissed to himself with a shake of his head, it didn't matter.

He distracted himself by glancing at different screens, watching all the teens run around, trying to score themselves some points. They're so many examines but only about forty will go in the two hero courses.

Katsuki already has enough to pass, so he would be in 1-A...

Wait...

Izuku froze in his seat, if Katsuki got in he would see him almost every school day because he will be helping the hero courses the most...

And Izuku can't reveal who he is...

So he will have to act out everything...

The greenette sighed and pulled his hood down more over his face, this was going to suck...

He wanted to go see his old friend, is that so bad? Izuku was tempted to just go find him and tell him everything.

But he can't, he doesn't need to target anyone...

————

By the time the exam ended, people were leaving either upset or happy and proud. Some were in groups of friends talking about their exams, others were alone or on the phone presumably with family.

There was noticeably more sad than happy people.

But Katsuki couldn't be happier. He fucking passed that shit with fucking flying colors.

Okay, he wouldn't get the acceptance letter for about a week, but he got a lot of points. He was totally going to get in.

For him and Izuku.

A small smile was on his face as he walked out of the arena, trying to start his walk home.

That was before someone walked into him as they were talking to who Katsuki assumed was a hero, possibly someone who he might see on UA grounds later...

He was going to yell at them, he really was. He was going to put them in their place for running into him while he was actually happy.

But when he turned around the person was already mumbling apologizes as they pulled their black hood down.

They were avoiding eye contact with Katsuki, and that made him even madder. His scowl increased and he opened his mouth slightly, ready to swear up a storm.

But then they looked up and suddenly tensed and started to back away. But Katsuki was stuck in place:

Didn't... Doesn't Hikari wear that mask..?

Katsuki couldn't get over how... familiar the person felt. Katsuki hesitated before nodding and walking away, he never could identify anything other than the clothing the man was wearing and the mask.