Wicked Debut

I woke up early, and not to the sound of Elliott crying. I woke up stressed about Wicked. I didn't want to wake Corey so I picked up my still sleeping son and laid back in bed with Elliott on my chest. 20 minutes later Elliott woke up but didn't cry as he realised he was already in my arms. He let out a little smile and I rubbed his back. "Today is my Glinda debut. You'll be staying with Uncle Kevin and Aunty Kara tonight because daddy is coming to watch me. But we love you so much and we will be thinking of you." I decided to prep myself for feeding so when he was hungry he could immediately latch on rather than begin to cry and in turn wake Corey up. A few minutes after just lying on my chest, Elliott 'grabbed' at my breast and then eventually latched on, drinking happily.

"Good morning to my two favourite people in the world." I looked to the side and saw Corey smiling at us.

"Morning love. How are you?"

"I'm good. Excited for tonight. What about you?"

"Stressed. I even woke up before Elliott, so picked him up and let him sleep on my chest. I love when he's sleeping against me. And obviously he then woke up and started feeding. So you got up just in time to burp and change him." I smiled.

"Of course. I know it's odd but I actually like burping him. Getting to hold him close and patting his back, it's enjoyable."

"I'm glad you like it. I'll go get Theo up. I'll probably take him out for a jog too because I won't want to do lots of exercise just before the show." I kissed Corey softly and passed Elliott to him along with a burp cloth and then got up and got dressed. I went and gave both my boys another kiss before I took Theo out for a jog. I didn't stay out long, only 30 minutes and when I came home the smell of blueberry pancakes filled the air. "Cor, thank you my love." I went over to him and he pulled me in close for a deep kiss. Once we closed off the kiss I sat and ate my breakfast with him before I took advantage of having time off to be with my son. He was lying on his play mat and I went and sat beside him, holding one of his favourite toys above him for him to enjoy. Elliott loved to play with his toys. He'd make little giggle noises every now and then and he'd have a small smile on his face. How much of that was just baby reflexes I wasn't sure, but I loved it all the same. He was so perfect and I felt so lucky to have such a perfect little boy in my life.

"Cor my love. How's the piano practice going?" I said softly as I looked to the side to see my husband staring at sheet music.

"It's okay. I was hoping now you have your days free you could help me a bit on some of the harder stuff."

"Sure love." I picked Elliott up and put him in his rocker along with his favourite teddy and smiled. I went and positioned him so I could watch him while playing the piano. I sat on the stool beside Corey and he started playing. He sounded amazing and I smiled.

"It's this bit here. It's so fast and I just can't get it." I had a look and instantly was able to play it pretty well.

"Okay. The way to learn fast sections is to just learn it slowly and build it up to the right tempo." I said smiling. I helped him play it and he then just kept working on it. "There you go. You're getting better already cowboy."

"Thanks Katie. You always know how to help."

"Anything to help the love of my life. And Bandstand is going to be so amazing with you playing the piano so much."

~~~~~

I sat on the subway with Corey heading to the theatre. He was taking me out for dinner before the show. As we sat I just smiled at him. "Did you comb your hair though." I said noticing his hood was up.

"Uhhh." I rolled my eyes and pulled his hood down, seeing his hair sticking up like he'd just gotten out of bed.

"Corey. It's my debut and you're going to the theatre with your hair all over the place! I guess I have to tame it once in my dressing room."