Ultrasound and Gender Reveal

I sat with Corey and Laura at the doctors ready for my 20 week appointment. I was half way though my pregnancy and today we'd be finding out the gender. Although Corey and I weren't going to know. We planned for our doctor to give Laura the envelope with the gender in and she was going to go out and buy something that would reveal the gender to us. I rested my head on Corey's shoulder and smiled as he held his hand on my belly. "You're getting so big."

"I know. I can't believe it. In 20 weeks time we will have a baby." I smiled as I placed my hand over his.

"Katie Cott." A nurse called. I stood up and walked with Corey and Laura. I had my weight measured and my blood pressure taken and then I climbed onto the bed and pulled my top up. The doctor placed the gel on my stomach and then held the wand to it.

"Look Laura. That's Corey and I's baby." I said softly.

"Wow. They are getting so big. Can't wait to find out if you're having a girl or boy."

"I can't wait either." I smiled. The doctor played the heart beat and as always Corey started to cry. I lifted my arm and wiped his tears. "You're going to be the best dad ever." I smiled at him. "I love you and our little one so much."

"I love you both too." He smiled and bent over to kiss me. The doctor discovered the gender and wrote it down, handing it to Laura. We finished the appointment and soon left.

"Okay. I'll see you both back at your place. Along with all the others." By now we'd told Jeremy and Ashley, Kara and Kevin, Ben and Elouise, Andrew, Tommy and the Bandstand cast. The newsies group were all coming round today for the gender reveal and then we'd be doing a reveal for the Bandstand crew and cast next week. We'd also be FaceTiming our parents in for when we found out. Corey and I went home and at 2 the others all came over. 15 minutes later Laura and Nathan arrived. I sat cuddled with Corey and Theo on the couch as the others were gathered around the room. Kara was on the FaceTime to my parents and Ben was on FaceTime to Corey's parents. "Okay everyone! We're ready for the gender reveal!!" Laura smiled. "I'm so lucky to have these two as two of my best friends and I know they will be the most amazing parents to their little one." I smiled at her. "So how this will work. I have have gone to the store and picked out two onesies. One blue, for the boy, and one Pink for the girl. I asked Corey and Katie to pick the colours as to not be stereotypical but they chose those colours anyway." She handed the box over to us. "So I don't actually know the gender yet, I gave the envelope to the cashier to package up the right one and I turned away as she did so. So Umm, here we go, let's find out the gender of baby Cott."

"Before they open it. What do you both think it is?" Kara asked.

"Umm, I think it's a girl." Corey said softly.

"I'm guessing boy. I just feel it." I said placing my hands on my bump.

"Well let's find out." Corey said.

"3...2...1... GO!" Corey and I unwrapped the box and chuckled when there was tissue paper inside. We took the wrapped outfit out so everyone could see it. I took a deep breath and opened it.

"OH MY GOD!!!" I pulled out the blue onesie. "It's a boy! We're having a boy Cor! I'm so excited!" He hugged me tightly and kissed me softly. I picked up my phone from Kara and Corey took his from Ben. "I don't know if you saw, but we're having a baby boy! Corey and I both held the onesie up to show our parents the blue outfit. "It's so cute Laura. I love it."

"Another grandson" my mom smiled. Kara and Kevin were having a little boy too and she was now at 30 weeks, I was just 10 weeks behind. "Will you make sure you get some photos of both of you. Of you and Kara both pregnant. I doubt we will have a time where both of you have visible baby bumps at the same time."