Honeymoon

Corey laid on the sun lounger beside me asleep. He looked so peaceful as he took a post lunch nap. I smiled at him and went back to my book. About an hour later I went over to his side and started to apply more suncream on his back so he didn't burn. He stirred and woke up. "Hey love. Just putting more cream on your back so you don't burn."

"Thanks Katie. You're the best. Do you want me to do your back?"

"Yes please Cor." I finished his back and shoulders and then he did mine. Once done, he sat in front of me and pulled me close. "I love you."

"I love you too Katie." He said leaning in and kissing me softly. We kissed for a while before pulling back. "Hey, let's go in the pool."

"Ooh. Sounds good." We got up and went to the pool. We started in the shallow end and Corey walked us deeper. "Cor. I can't go any deeper, I can't stand." He put his arms around me and lifted me onto his hips. I giggled and kissed him softly as I wrapped my arms around his neck. "I love you Cor. I love you so much. And I'm so proud to be your wife. It still sounds unbelievable. We're married. And I've had the best week. I'm sad we leave tomorrow morning." I put my hands on the side of his face and kissed him again he kissed me back as he held me tightly to his body. The feeling of his strong arms around me felt perfect.

"I love you so much Katie. And marrying you was the greatest decision of my life. This has been the most magical trip away and I've had the best honeymoon with my beautiful wife." I smiled and rested my head on his shoulder that was still above the water, but only just. "Being here with you has been perfect. And I couldn't ask for anything more."

"Neither." We spent some time just swimming up and down the length of the pool before getting out and lying back on our sun loungers. "So what's the plan for tonight Corey. You said you had something special planned for our final night of our honeymoon."

"Yep. So something I never told you was that this place is where my parents came for their honeymoon all those years ago. And on their last night they discovered this gorgeous restaurant in the town centre. So I thought we could head there. I know it's still open as I checked before we left and it looks incredible."

"Aww that's perfect. I can't wait." I smiled softly. I got my book out again and began reading as did Corey.

"Katie?" Corey said after an hour. It was now almost 3:30pm.

"Yeah." I said smiling over at him.

"I have another surprise for you."

"Oh. Okay." I said softly. "And what's this surprise?"

"A relaxing spa afternoon before our dinner out. I thought it would be the perfect end to our honeymoon." He said softly.

"It sounds perfect." We both packed up our things and headed back to our room to get ready for our spa afternoon. We walked hand in hand down to the incredible spa. I'd already been once on our honeymoon to get a back massage but now we were getting full massages, facials and I was having a simple gel manicure. I headed in with Corey and the place was so peaceful and calming. I wrapped my arm around him as we stood together at the desk.

"Hello, Corey and Katie Cott. We're here for the afternoon."

"Yes. If you two want to follow me." The lady led us down a corridor into a couples massage room. We were both told how to prepare ourselves and laid facedown on the table.

"Thank you for all this Cor, I know we're going to have a wonderful afternoon." I said softly.

"Anything for you my love." I could sense him smiling and I smiled too. There was calming music in the background and soon our massages began. It felt so good. We spoke to the two doing our massages and had a really nice conversation.