Corey's Press Event

I sat on a chair at the table feeding Elliott his dinner while Corey was having a shower and getting ready for the evening. He was off to do some press event for Bandstand. I was so proud of him but I knew it would be a rough evening as Elliott hated nothing more than saying goodbye to his daddy, especially in the evening. I watched him eat his soft carrots happily and I smiled. "Good boy Elliott. Mommy is so proud of you. And I love you so much little one." Once he finished his food I gave him his milk in his cup he could drink from himself. He'd definitely grown up much faster than I'd expected and I learnt from videos and his doctor that he'd developed very quickly and was progressing faster than average, except for talking. He still didn't talk much beside the odd babble. Once he was finished I picked him up and cleaned him down. "There you go buddy." I kissed him and set him down on his play mat when Corey came out. "Wow. Look at that handsome man." I smiled

"And that incredible and stunning mother." He said back to me as he walked over.

"And you're the best father ever for him. He's going to be just like you when he grows up, I can already tell." I smiled. Corey put his arms around me and kissed me softly. "I love you." I whispered against his lip.

"I love you too." He smiled. I pulled back and rested my head against his chest. "I hope you have a good evening with Elliott. And that he's not too difficult tonight."

"Practice for once you start bandstand performances." I said softly. "We will be okay. But you should spend some time with him before you leave." I kissed Corey again before he went and sat down with Elliott and played with him. Elliott giggled loudly and I smiled as I watched Corey and our son while clearing up from his dinner. Before long it was time for Corey to go. He hugged Elliott tightly and placed him back on his play mat once giving him a kiss Goodnight. I walked with Corey to the door, always keeping an eye on our little one and I hugged him tightly. "Have a good night my love. I'm so proud of you and Laura."

"Thanks Katie. I'm so proud of you too. I mean you spent 16 and a half hours bringing our perfect little boy into the world." I chuckled. "And you've raised him to be this perfect little angel."

"Thanks cowboy. And you raised him too, especially while I was in wicked, I couldn't have done it without you." I held Corey close and he kissed the top of my head as he rubbed my back. I closed my eyes and a few moments later felt tugging on my legs. I looked down and saw Elliott using mine and Corey's legs to help himself stand up. He was now crawling so he easily got to us. I smiled softly and stepped back once Elliott had both his arms around Corey's legs. "Someone doesn't want daddy to leave them." I chuckled.

"He sure doesn't. I love that he loves me so much. It makes my heart melt." He said softly as he looked down at Elliott. I got my phone out and took a photo of the sweet moment before Corey picked our little boy up into his arms. I went and stood beside them and put my hand on Corey's back as he held Elliott in both arms. "Hey buddy. It's okay. I'll be back tomorrow." Elliott immediately wrapped his little arms around his dad where possible and rested his head against him, cuddling up into his arms. "I promise you're going to have a wonderful evening with mommy. And she loves you so so so much. And you'll be able to watch Mickey Mouse and then she will read to you, just like we both usually do buddy." Elliott just whined a little cry which broke my heart. "Daddy has to leave though Elliott. I'm sorry. When I get home I'll give you kisses as you sleep and cuddles in the morning." I could see the look in Corey's eyes. It was a look that said 'I don't want to leave him.'

"Love you have to go. I'll take him, and we will look at photos of you and maybe call you if you have a spare moment. Maybe it would be better if you called us actually."

"Yeah. I'll do that if I ever get a moment to myself." He handed me Elliott and his little arms reached for Corey still as I held him. "I love you Elliott, so much. I'll miss you baby boy." He said giving him little kisses and Elliott returned them to the best of his ability. Corey quickly kissed me and hugged the pair of us before putting his jacket on. "I love you both so much."