2 Year anniversary

I woke up and as usual Corey was awake beside me. I immediately shuffled over to him and placed my hands on his bare chest. "Happy anniversary Corey. Being married to you these last two years has been a dream."

"It really has been. There is nothing I love more than being your husband. And getting to be a parent with you has been the best experience. Having Elliott in our lives, it's the greatest."

"It really is." I smiled. "I love being a mom. And I love having you as his dad. I truly think we are the perfect parents to him."

"I agree." He pressed a soft kiss to my lips and I smiled against them. "Speaking of our son. It's time we went to go get him up. And go let Theo out."

"Yeah." I changed into sweats and one of Corey's t-shirts and then went and cleaned my face and brushed my teeth. I then headed to Elliott's room as usual and got him dressed and did his morning routine. We went downstairs and Corey was bringing Theo back inside.

"DADA!" Elliott shouted reaching for him.

"There's my favourite little boy." Corey said walking over and taking Elliott from my arms. He gave him a kiss on the forehead and then pressed a kiss to my forehead too. "I like your outfit today, did you pick it?"

"Yeah!" Elliott was in a super mix matched outfit so was pretty obvious he'd chosen it. We weren't going anywhere today. Corey and I had both booked the day off work so we could just spend our anniversary together, as a family.

"Well you did a great job buddy." He said before placing him in his high chair. I went and got Elliott his breakfast and while he was eating I made Corey and I pancakes. I put his down at his seat and then brought our coffees over. "Thanks Katie."

"You're welcome Cor." I smiled at him and we sat eating and drinking our coffee. "Elliott, what do you want to do today? You get mommy and daddy here all day, and that's very lucky."

"Play!" He giggled.

"Alright then. Looks like we're going to play." I smiled and finished breakfast. I cleaned up and Corey sat on the floor with some of Elliotts toys.

"Dada Wucks!"

"Okay. We will play with trucks. And maybe we can try walking again. You walk with help." We played together as a family for about 3 hours and I went to go make lunch for Elliott and I smiled.

"Mama?"

"I'm making your lunch buddy." He stood up and used the couch to get as close to me as he could. I realised he really wanted me but I wanted to see if he would walk by himself. He stepped beyond the couch and reached. "Come on buddy. You can do it." He cautiously let go and took three small steps before falling over.

"It's okay Elliott. If we fall we get back up again." Corey smiled and lifted him back up his feet. I walked a little closer so it wasn't as far for Elliott to try and walk. He started off still holding Corey's finger and he was walking with practically no support. He then let go and made the last six steps by himself. I picked him up into my arms and held him close.

"You did it Elliott! You walked by yourself. I'm so proud of you buddy." I carried him to his high chair and set his sandwich down in front of him. Corey came and sat with us and we had our pasta. Elliott dove straight into his sandwich taking small bites. He also had some grapes and animal crackers. "That yummy Elliott."

"Yes mama." I smiled and kissed his forehead. "Mama. I walk."

"Yeah. You did walk Elliott, and mama and dada are both so proud of you. You're growing up to be an amazing young boy. And we love you so much."