Corey gets offered bandstand

I laid on the couch, looking into it. I'd just had a text from Laura saying they wanted to take her though to the paper mill playhouse run of Bandstand, playing Julia, the female lead. I however didn't get re-cast, apparently it was the dancing that let me down. I was only in the ensemble but it was still heartbreaking. She was my best friend as well as Ben, and I hadn't seen much of Ben since Newsies beside wedding stuff. And he was now off on a US tour. I was happy for her of course and I couldn't wait to watch her, but I was sad I wasn't going to be part of it with her. I heard the door close and I jumped up not wanting Corey to see me in this state. I picked up Theo as he ran to me and gave him kisses. I closed my eyes and then put him down.

"What's up?" Corey said wrapping his arms around me.

"Nothing, I'm excited to have you home cowboy." I kissed him softly and stepped out of his arms.

"Katie." He said taking my hands. "I know you better than that. You're my wife. Your cheeks are tear stained, you've been crying." I hung my head and he lifted it back up. "Katie, please angel. Just tell me what's going on."

"I didn't get it. I got a call today, they don't want me. Laura got a call saying they are keeping her for Julia. But I didn't get cast. My dancing wasn't good enough for them. I can do tap and Jazz, but I clearly am not very good at swing." I broke down and clutched onto Corey sobbing. He held me close and rubbed my back, like he always did when I was upset.

"I'm sorry you didn't get the role love. But there's plenty more out there for you."

"I just really wanted to be part of this. It's such a special show. I wanted to make your dad proud."

"I know baby. I know it's hard Angel. I've got you." He held me close and rubbed my back. "Is there anything I can do to help make it feel better?"

"Just being here. Holding me. That helps." I said softly. He nodded and just rubbed my back. Corey made me feel much better. After dinner we cuddled on the couch a little. At one point Corey's phone rang, he got up and went to the kitchen. I watched him and he walked in about 10 minutes later. "What was that?" I asked.

"Umm." He sighed. "Well, that was my agent." He said biting his lip.

"And? You booked a job? Or have an audition?" I said excitedly.

"Booked a job."

"Yay. Well done love." I jumped off the couch and kissed him. "That's amazing. What show?" He sighed and looked down.

"Bandstand." He whispered. "The guy who played Donny in the workshop has a different show on now so they want me to do it."

"Congratulations. I'm so proud of you Corey. You deserve this." I said kissing his cheek.

"I auditioned because I really wanted to possibly do another show with you. But now..."

"Don't mention it." I said stepping back. "I'm really happy for you Cor. You deserve this more than anyone." I said turning and walking up to our bedroom. I crawled into bed and grabbed a pillow sobbing into it. I laid there for half an hour before I felt a hand on my back.

"Katie." I heard. It wasn't Corey though. I turned over and saw Laura and cried again. "Hey. It's going to be okay."

"You don't even know what's going on." I cried.

"Yes I do. Because Corey told me everything." She sat on the bed beside me and forced me to sit up. "I know it's hard. I've been there before in a workshop and then didn't get asked to come for the run. It was heartbreaking. And I know it must be even harder for you knowing that I'm in the show and now Corey is the lead."