Bandstand Closing

I held Elliott in a loving cuddle as he clung onto me. "Mommy has to go now baby. Auntie Kara and Uncle Kevin are here though. I love you and I promise daddy and I will give you lots of cuddles when we come pick you up." I handed him to my sister and he clung to her but waved at me. "Goodnight buddy. I love you so much Elliott."

"Love Mama! Ba Ba!" He said waving. I kissed his forehead and smiled as I left to head to the theatre. I met Nathan outside and we both headed in.

"I can't believe tonight is the last one." I said softly.

"Me neither. It's such a beautiful show. But it will be nice to have Laura home in the evenings and I'm sure you guys are so excited to have Corey back."

"More than anything. Obviously I'm sad the show didn't do great, because I know how much this show meant to Corey and how much he loved it, but I miss him so much. I don't see him during the day because of work and so him being gone at night is so hard on me. So I can't wait to spend so much more quality time with my husband. I know the first few weeks will be really special for us." Nathan nodded and I heard my name being called. I turned and saw Lori and Rick as well as Carly and Casey. I walked over and hugged them all.

"I've missed you guys." I said softly.

"We missed you too Katie. And I'm missing that little monkey of yours a lot."

"I miss him and I just said goodbye. He's the best little boy. I miss Cor too. He left quite a bit before I did and so I miss him already. I love him so much that any time apart is painful."

"Well hopefully things will be easier for you both now."

"Definitely." I smiled. We all went and found our seats and the show began.

~~~~~

I stood on my feet clapping but also crying a lot. Corey and Laura came out and I just cheered for them. They were so perfect onstage together and had the greatest partnership and chemistry. They bowed and then just hugged and I just wiped away my tears. There were a few speeches and the usual stuff and then they all left the stage. I left and went to the bathroom knowing I had time while Corey stage doored. I stood and stared at myself in the mirror, I wiped away my tears and then headed out. I waited with Nate and Corey's family and soon enough he and Laura finished stage door and came over. I ran towards him and jumped into his arms. He spun me around and I just clung onto him and began to cry.

"Things will be going back to normal now. Which is what we need." Corey whispered in my ear. "While I'm sad the shows over. I don't know how much longer I could have gone without ever really seeing you."

"Me neither. I'm happy that we will now spend our evenings together." I smiled a little and Corey rubbed my back. "I love you Cor. And as always you were so amazing today cowboy."

"I love you too Katie. And tonight's show was for you angel." I pulled back a little and Corey cupped my cheek and kissed me. I kissed him back with passion and it felt magical. I felt like I was falling in love with him all over again. "I've missed this." Corey said holding me tightly.

"Me too." Tears were still falling a little and he wiped under my eyes to stop them.

"Oh love. I wish I could make everything better for you."

"You are Corey. You're holding me. You're able to spend every evening beside me. Things are better. I've just missed getting to hold you like this Cor." Corey continued to hold me close. He rubbed my back to help relax and calm me as I ran my fingers though the hair at the back of his head. "Go see your family. And then let's take some photos of you and Laura outside the posters one last time before the four of us head to dinner." Corey gave all his family hugs and talked for a while. His parents were going to come visit again tomorrow to see Elliott and we'd go out for lunch as a family then. Nathan and I then took photos of Laura and Corey goofing around outside the theatre before we went to dinner.