A little catch up

So.... closing night on broadway. The absolute love of my life, Corey Cott, got down on one knee and proposed to me. I'm not going to lie. I kinda knew it was coming. I think everyone did. We'd been discussing getting married after just one year of dating, it occasionally came up before then. I always knew he was going to do something big and bold. So of course proposing on the last night of the show that brought us together in front of a crowd of 1,200 strangers was his idea of big and bold. And it was. It was magical. All our friends, who'd been in the show during the run were there, our families were both there, it was an amazing night. The only downside was that the show ran longer than we all expected and so we'd been dating 2 and a half years before he finally proposed. But it was definitely worth the wait.

In the last year since our engagement I'd done a few small things here and there. For me the most important one was a workshop I did almost immediately after Newsies. It was with Laura Osnes and we immediately became best friends. I kind of knew her before as she'd been around newsies a lot as she and Jeremy had done Bonnie and Clyde together. But that workshop brought us so close together in that month. We spent a lot of time together and on her birthday I asked her to be one of my 4 bridesmaids, along with Kara, Carly and Elouise. She said yes and told me it was as if she was being proposed to again.

Corey had been on Broadway again in the show Gigi which he was great in. It was a very different role to Jack but he was incredible in it. He was in the show at the Kennedy Centre from January to February and then it moved to broadway from March to June of this year. I loved watching him achieve his dreams again. And the show closed just before our wedding so we had some quality time together, just us, in the week leading up to the big day.

Theo was still just our adorable puppy, although he technically wasn't a puppy anymore. He was still just as adorable and perfect as he was the day we adopted him.

And that's about it for us: for our friends,

Ben was still head over heels for Elouise and their relationship was going strong. He been asking me about proposing and I've told him that if he wants to spend the rest of his life with her, which he does, to propose. He says he's scared she will say no, my response, you're just stupid. They are inseparable and have been living together for the last year ever since Newsies closed. Also Elouise is my third best friend after Laura and Ben. Since she and Ben began dating, I'd spent a lot of time with her if the two boys ever went out, and we became super close. I helped her with college occasionally and she's just graduated with a 83/100.

Kara and Kevin are still strong as usual. Both are constantly busy but with US tours and other things they are often apart but they make it work, and make sure to see each other for a few days at least once a month when they are doing long distance. The one sad part was that Kara went though a miscarriage in January. She's been so excited to be having a baby and losing her child at 12 weeks broke her. Following her loss I spent a lot of time with her to help her recover and getting time with her was special as we'd both been so busy with other things on.

Everyone else is doing well. A few of the newsies boys are in relationships, some in shows, some now off to college.

Overall life was pretty good. I'm currently now home alone, Corey just left to go to the hotel with Theo. I'm heading over soon but we wanted to be traditional and so I'm not going to see Corey again now until I walk down the aisle tomorrow and we get married!