Leaving wicked

"One last show." Corey said as he wrapped his arms around me from behind.

"Yeah. And then you're off to rehearsals and you get the pain of being away from Elliott."

"I'm not looking forward to being away from Elliott or you. I'm going to miss you lots my love. But this is our job. Our job is to perform. And we both know this is an exciting opportunity."

"Of course love." I smiled and turned around in his arms. "And I'm never, ever going to stop you from doing what you love. We both had our dreams come true with Newsies. But these are dreams what we'd want to come true more than once. I've had wicked, which has been so magical. And you had Gigi and now Bandstand. And you are so incredible as Donny. And I know it's going to be an amazing show."

"Thanks babe. I can't wait for you to be able to see it, and see what changes get made from Paper Mill." I nodded and kissed him softly.

"Anyway. Elliott should be up from his nap by now, can you go get him while I finish making lunch." I said softly as I ran my hand though his hair.

"Yeah. I can do that for you Angel." I smiled and kissed him again before he went upstairs. I finished making lunch for Corey and I, and heated up some baby food for Elliott and set it in a bowl at his high chair. Corey came down with our 8 month old and I could tell he was still a little groggy. "Someone did not want to be woken up." Corey said walking over to me.

"So I see." I smiled and took Elliott into my arms. "Hey buddy. Did you have a good nap?" He some what nodded his head and then leant against me. "My tired tiger." I held him close and kissed the top of his head. "I can't wait to be able to put you to bed every night. I've missed that the most. Now, it's lunchtime and I have your favourite." I rubbed his back and then put him into his high chair and he began crying again. "Oh baby. It's okay. It's okay. I'm right here." I tried to feed him but he just cried. I decided to pick him up again and place him in my lap. He slowly calmed down and I kissed the top of his head again. "It's okay buddy. It's okay. I'm here." Corey handed his bib over and I clasped it on and he happily ate his lunch while in my lap.

"I think he just wanted mommy cuddles." Corey said softly.

"Yeah. And I don't mind that. I love cuddles with him. He's my little boy, and he's growing up so fast." I finished feeding Elliott and then ate my own lunch. Elliott started waking up a bit more and began giggling and laughing as Corey pulled some silly faces. "Daddy's silly isn't he." Elliott just giggled more and then turned his head and cuddled into me. "You still tired bud?" I said rubbing his back. He kinda nodded and so I stood up and went to the couch, laying down with him on my chest. I grabbed one of his toys from the floor and he played with it a little as he laid on me. I smiled and enjoyed my time with him. We put on some Mickey Mouse as that was his favourite show and At 1:30 I sighed knowing I had to leave for the show. Corey was coming to watch my last performance but I was sad to be leaving Elliott. I sat up again and held Elliott close still. "Time to go to Aunty Kara's." I stood up and handed Elliott to Corey and he started crying, reaching for me.

"Someone seems to be desperate for mommy today. Usually it's the other way round."

"Yeah. Let me go to the bathroom and then I'll take him. I think he needs changing too." I went to the bathroom and grabbed my bag before taking Elliott from Corey after he'd changed him. Elliott immediately calmed down and I began to wonder how hard it would be for him when I left him with Kara. "My sweet little boy." I said holding him close. We eventually left and went to Kara's.

"Hey Katie, Corey and of course sweet little Elliott."  She said hugging Elliott and I and then Corey.

"Hey sis."