Baby Shower

I sat on the couch with my hands on my belly. "Hot Chocolate for my love who's dearly missing her coffee." I laughed and took the drink.

"Thanks Cor. And yes, I miss coffee so much. But this little guy will be worth it." I said smiling as I took a sip. "Hmmm, you make the best hot Chocolate. Thanks love." I drank the drink and Corey sat beside me and placed his hand on my belly when I felt a kick. "Oh my gosh. Cor! Did you feel that?"

"Yeah. Was that the first time?"

"It was. He kicked for the first time. That was so magical, and I'm so glad you felt it. Maybe he kicked because he knew his daddy was there."

"Maybe." He said softly as he kissed my cheek. "You ready for your baby shower?"

"I'm so excited. I can't wait to see all our family and friends again. I've not seen my parents in so long. And Kara is due in 4 weeks so this is going to be super special for us all, but especially for the Lindsay's."

"I know. 2 kids just 10 weeks apart. It's going to be wonderful." I smiled and finished my drink before standing up and going to get ready for the baby shower. I put on this gorgeous pink pregnancy dress Corey had gotten me as a birthday present. I did my hair and makeup and headed back downstairs.

"What do you think love?"

"Wow. You look gorgeous Katie. The most beautiful pregnant woman in the world." I walked over to him and gave him a hug.

"Thanks Corey. Now we should get going. Kara and Carly said I had to arrive at 2." Corey nodded and we got in the car and we drove to the venue. Once there Corey took my hand and we went in. There were decorations everywhere and all my friends and family were cheering for me. I started to tear up and Corey rubbed my back. "Wow. This is so amazing. Thanks Sis. Thanks Laura. Thanks Carly." I said giving them each a big hug as they had organised the whole thing. "You three are the best."

"Anything for our sister." Carly smiled. I hugged them all again.

"Kara. You look so amazing. I can't believe you're just a few weeks away from giving birth to your little boy."

"Thanks Katie. But today is about you, and the fact that in 14 weeks you'll be giving birth to your little boy."

"I still can't believe I'm going to be a mom. Now we know he's a boy that makes it more real. And seeing myself grow week by week, but until he's here in my arms I won't believe it. And I'll still take a while to come to terms with it then. I'm going to be a mom. And that's the most magical thing ever. And it's what I really want. I've always wanted to be mom. And I can't wait to be his mom, it's just still so surreal. Corey and I created a human. He's my baby boy. He's our son." I said looking up at Corey as he put one arm around me and placed his hand on his belly. Corey leaned in and kissed me and I put my hands to the side of his face and kissed him back lovingly. "I love you so much Cor."

"I love you too Katie. And this little boy will bring so much joy to our lives. And I can't wait to be a father opposite you. You're going to be the most amazing mommy for him." I smiled and we began the party. Corey and I made sure we'd gone and said hello to everyone that was there. I found my parents eventually and hugged them both, as did Corey.

"Katie. Wow. You look incredible. 14 weeks to go until we meet your little boy." My mom smiled. I felt him kick again to I grabbed both my parents hands and placed them on my belly. He kicked again. "Oh my gosh. He's kicking."

"Yeah. He kicked for the first time this morning when I was cuddled with Corey on the couch. It was so magical mommy."

"Feeling you and Kara kick was definitely an experience I will never forget. Especially when you first kicked. Usually babies will start kicking between 20-25 weeks. But you didn't kick at all until week 30. So when I finally felt you kick it was the most incredible experience. Plus I got to watch Kara feel you kick in me. She didn't like it though, she thought you were hurting me."