Chapter 34

The rest of the week was terrible for me. Each day was just getting worse, and at that point I didn't know who to confront. Thankfully, my friend, Rachel, was coming home tonight from Thailand, so I promised her that I would pick her up.

I grabbed my purse and coat and began to look for my car keys, since I'm always losing them.

"God dammit, I'm going to be late to pick her up and now I can't find my keys!" I yelled at myself. Anything that went wrong just ticked me off. Even small matters, like not finding your car keys.

After searching the apartment at least 20 times, I found them. I started up the car and started to drive to LAX. The whole ride was silent, since I turned off the radio. The past few days I haven't been listening to music, which is not normal for me, because every song that comes on the radio reminds me of something that we-I could've had.

It was now 9:43 pm and the traffic had literally stopped because of some truck. "Come ON!" My head fell into my hands on the steering wheel as I prayed for the cars to start moving again. I had figured that having an apartment close to LAX would help, but the traffic is still annoying.

After a good two hours on the highway, the cars began to move and I made it to the airport. I sped through all the people, pushing some of the slow walkers along. Out of breath, I reached the luggage claim for her flight and saw her there, struggling to pick up her suitcase.

"Hey, Rachel!" She looked over and started running towards me. A bone crushing hug came my way, and I slightly fell back.

"Oh my God, ! I missed you so much!" she yelled.

"Me too!" I gave her another hug before we went on to talking about her vacation. "I mean Thailand was beautiful and my dad even thought about buying a house there! Can you believe it?" She laughed. Her father is a jeweler and from that, she always shopped from designer brands. When she found out about my upcoming premieres, she had to help me out with picking my dresses, even though I had a stylist already. She was the perfect friend because you can talk to her about anything, except for the slight chance that she might judge you.

After going down the elevator to the parking garage, we made it to the car. I put her suitcase in the trunk of my car and then joined her in the car. I shut my door and started up the engine. I took a deep breath, and then looked at my friend for a few seconds before saying "What?"

"Nothing." She said, turning back to face her window.

"Seriously, what? Do you not like my car or something?" I said, laughing uncomfortably. No answer.

Instead I heard a scoff. I rolled my eyes. Here it comes.

"How's Luke?" She said after a few seconds.

"Great." I stated, keeping my eyes on the road.

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Yeah, right."

"You don't believe me?"

"Not really, considering you're blushing." I reached up to touch my cheeks and then I felt the blush.

"What's going on?" she said. I let out a deep breath and then explained to her everything that she missed during the car ride to my apartment.

"Wow, that was a lot of info..." She said.

"Yeah, but that's how it is now."

"Do you still...you know...love him?"

"I mean...I'll always love him and the boys, but-"

"It's okay, you know what we should talk about something happy." she changes the subject.

"Yeah...." I trailed off.

~~~~~~~

The next morning I woke up and checked the time on my clock. I rolled over to the other side of my bed, by my nightstand and squinted my eyes to read the red fluorescent 3:28. I had about half an hour before work.

"Ahh, I hate work ...and waking up early ....and just everything." I said into the pillow, that I was clutching for dear life. I cuddled up in the blanket, but the light shining through the window was blocking out the darkness that I needed to sleep. I groaned once more as I soon decided to start getting ready for work early, since I couldn't go back to sleep. I walked into the bathroom and then turned on the shower.

The warm water felt amazing against my cold skin, and I never wanted leave the shower. After a couple of minutes, I stepped into my room in only a towel as I got dressed in my regular sweatpants and tank top. I pulled on my sweatpants, but soon became frustrated when I couldn't find my top. I ran across the room to one of my drawers and rummaged through it. Of course it wasn't there, but as I pushed aside my other clothes, a black "You Complete Mess" tank top popped up. A gasp, or more of a cry, came and I really couldn't believe it.

A/N: Thank you all so much for reading this story and the others, it means a lot. I love you all and so does your fave!