Chapter 10

Almost all of the tables were filled at Nando's, but thankfully we came just in time to get one. We chose a small wooden table by the window, where the sun was slowly setting behind the stores. We then gave our orders to the kind waiter, and we were left at the table; just us. I stared at Luke, when a thought popped into my head; I was dating his handsome boy in front of me. He liked me, and I liked him. In most of my whole highschool, or even middle school experience, it was rare to find a guy that liked me. Yes, I was friends with guys, but only as friends. I was either just friends with them, or they called me ugly, and I never talked to them again. That was one of the reasons that I never opened up to a guy, because I might fall for them if I do, and that would be it. Luke, however, made me feel so special. I could feel a slight burining in my eyes, so I quickly wiped them with my jacket sleeve, not letting any tears fall out. I quietly sniffled, but that caused Luke to look up from his phone.

"Ava, are you crying?" He stretched his hand across the table to gently caress my cheek.

"No, I'm fine. My eyes were just watering." Luke raised an eyebrow at me. "I swear I wasn't crying!" I laughed. "Leave me alone, Hemmings." I blocked my face out with both of my hands.

Luke chuckled before saying, "You called me Hemmings at least ten times tonight."

"Well, you call me Harper just as much." I said back.

"Actually, I don't call you Harper as much as you call me Hemmings."

"If it bothers you, I'll stop." I said.

"No, I-I like it when you call me Hemmings." He said, running a hand through his hair.

"That's good because I'm going to keep calling you Hemmings, no matter what." I smirked.

Luke rolled his eyes at me. "Whatever you say, Harper." We talked more, and soon our food came. It was honestly delicious.

"This reminds of when I first had Chipotle. It was like, my whole world changed." I said, dramatically.

"I'm not a big fan of Chipolte, actually." Luke said, stabbing his fork into his chicken.

"Well then, we need to change that." I said, laughing. One by one, the customers left the restaruant as it grew darker. There was only one other couple left, besides us. Luke then raised his hand, signalling the waiter to bring a check.

"Do you want to take a walk?" Luke asked me, as we stood up to leave.

"Sure." I shrugged. "Was taking a walk the last part of your plan?"I asked.

"Not really. I was planning on going home and then we could have se-" I playfully slapped his shoulder, before he could finish his sentence.

"Only kidding." He said, putting his hands up. We walked around the town for a few minutes, just talking about anything really. Out of nowhere, we ended up at the parking lot.

"Did we just make a circle?" I asked him, as we stopped in front of his car.

"Kind of." Luke awkardly shifted his gaze from the sky to the ground. He then tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, and his lips lingered over mine. His breathing suddenly hitched as I connected our lips. I closed my eyes, and enjoyed the moment. I could feel Luke's sweet lips creating that same electricty that we had, and the feel of his cool lip ring sent a shiver down my spine. I pulled away to whisper to him, "Was this part of your plan, too?"

He whispered back, "No, I just really wanted to kiss you."

I giggled. "You're an idiot."

"I know." We kissed again, this time with more passion. My back soon hit the car with a jolt, and that caused us to stop. "Oh, uh, w-we should get going now." Luke said, running a hand through his hair. While he was looking for the car key in his pocket, I pecked him on the cheek and walked to the other side of the car. I swore that I saw him smirk before getting in his car.

We arrived at the house at around 9:45 pm, and all of the lights were turned off. 

"Did the boys sleep already?" I whispered. 

Luke tried to quietly open the door, but failed. "I don't know, we would usually stay up, and do absolutely nothing." He whispered back.

"I will never understand you guys." I said, maybe too loudly.

"Shh, do you want them to wake up?" Luke then grabbed my hand, and led me to his bedroom. We reached about two feet away from his bedroom door, before his lips were on mine again. I tangled my fingers into his hair, as the kiss deepened. 

"Well, well, well. Look who's back from their date." Michael's voice made my blood run cold, and my cheeks turn to an awful shade of pink. Luke and I slowly moved away from each other, as three boys watched us closely. 

"Jesus, we were kidding. We just wanted to know," Michael then put a fist under his chin. "How was your date," He said in a girly tone. 

"It was fine-"

"Great." Luke and I said at the same time. 

I cleared my throat, before saying, "It was the best first date that I've been on." I turned to face Luke, and he smiled back at me. 

"Really?" Michael said. "I bet Luke tried some cheesy lines from a cheesy movie." 

"Actually Michael, I didn't use "cheesy lines from a cheesy movie." Luke stated. 

"Eh whatever, I'm glad you had a good time." Michael said, patting my shoulder. 

"Oh, and if you two decide to have sex, please do it in your own bedroom. I don't feel like scrubbing the walls." Calum said, with a laughing Ashton behind him. 

"WE SHIP IT!" Michael yelled from the top of the stairs.

Luke and I laughed, until he scratched the back of his neck. "I'm sorry about them."

"it's fine. You're lucky that this wasn't a blind date, or something like that. Because any random girl that doesn't know Calum, Ashton or Michael, might run away."

"That's true. We should get to bed now." 

But I couldn't sleep now. I lay in bed, my hand laying on top of Luke's, as his arm was securely around my waist. I kept reminiscing about tonight and every single detail about it. 

A/N: So, I hit 226 reads, which is CRAZY! Thank you to all of you that have read my story and enjoy it. I love writing it so much, so I'm glad that you like it too :)

Thanks for reading!