Chapter 22

"Good morning." Chase smiled, pouring fresh coffee into two cups. I walked into the kitchen, pulling the stool closer to the counter.

"Thanks." I said, as Chase handed me a cup of warm coffee. I really needed this because I was already jittery for the premiere tonight. The New York premiere was going to be the biggest one yet, and the most important. Fans from all over the world were coming here to this one spot just to see us. Also the rest of the cast was flying here tonight, since it's the last one. 

"Nervous?" Chase asked, eyeing my bouncing leg.

"A little."

"Oh, Ava. You have so much to learn." he sighed. 

"Shut up, Chase." I chuckled. I sipped the steaming coffee, as Chase picked up his phone. I had decided to not use my phone at all today, so I can relax before the premiere. And, I thought if I didn't think about it too much, Luke might call me. 

"I'm going to go use the shower now. I have this very important meeting." Chase said, taking the last sip of coffee, before putting it in the sink. 

"By 'meeting', do you mean strip club?" I teased. 

"No, I actually have a meeting." Chase laughed. 

"Yeah, whatever." From across the room, Chase grabbed a pillow and chucked it at me. I shrieked, the pillow almost spilling my coffee. 

"Go away!" I screamed. Chase left the room, dancing down the hallway, while I went into the living room. I opened my laptop and started to browse through the internet, when Skype opened up, with Luke's name flashing on the screen. 

This completely caught me by surprise, since Luke and I haven't talked. Answer, dammit! I thought. With shaky fingers and short of breath, I answered the Skype call. 

The screen was black for a few seconds before my camera opened and Luke's face popped up. I suddenly got the urge to jump into the screen, just to hug him and never let go. My eyes began to burn, as I tried to hold back the tears. Luke was staring blankly into the screen. 

"Luke?" I said, my voice coming out shaky. "Luke? Can you hear me?" Luke then left the room for a few seconds, and came back, the quality of the Skype call increased. 

"Sorry, the internet here isn't that good." he smiled. I giggled, the sound of his voice ringing through my ears. 

"It's fine. Uh..." I said, rubbing my palms on my pajama bottoms. Luke ran a hand through his hair. 

"I miss you." he said, breaking the silence. 

"I miss you, too. It's been a crazy month without you." 

"Well...I've had a crazy month, too." he admitted. 

"By crazy, do you mean chocolate milk parties?" I raised an eyebrow, hoping to get a laugh out of my boyfriend. Luke didn't laugh, but instead he sighed, his hands in his hair again. 

"Ava, you're really going to hate me after this." 

"What do you mean? If you're talking about this long distance thing, it's fine. I have Chase and other friends-"

"No, not that." he cut me short. My heart started to beat faster, as butterflies errupted in my stomach. I squinted my eyes at the screen, noticing that the background wasn't the 5sos house.

"What is it, Luke? And where are you, by the way?" I asked.

"This is really hard for me to say, but here it goes." he paused. "Ava, I'm on the bus."

"Bus?" I questioned. Was this some kind of joke? "What are you talking about?"

"Like the tour bus. We're in Belgium now." He kept his head low, still running fingers through his hair.