Chapter 20

The next morning I woke up with an alarming headache. Chase and I got back to the hotel pretty late after the pre-party, resulting in us almost falling asleep in the elevator. By the time I got into my room, I was already half asleep, trying to take off those annoying heels. Last night was amazing though, aside from it finishing so late. Famous directors went up to the podium to speak or recite something, and some of them were hilarious. I got to meet so many people, and some people were actually excited to meet me. Overall, it was such a great experience. Since it's the last movie in the series, the premieres and film festivals are even bigger and definitely crazier. 
I fully lifted my head from the pillow, which took a while, and looked around my room. I had chucked my heels across the room, and my dress was laying across the floor. "Crap," I muttered. My stylist would kill me if she knew that I let the dress lay on the dirty floor the whole night. I got up from the bed, wiping my eyes, but soon realizing that I still had makeup on from last night. I cursed under my breath, running to the bathroom to wash the makeup off. It took a while to get everything off, but a knock soon interrupted me. I dried my face with the hotel towels and ran out to open it. I looked through the peephole to see Chase. 

"What's up?" I said, as I opened the door. He was in a plain black shirt and sweatpants, leaning against the doorframe. 

"Well, good morning to you, too." he rolled his eyes. "Anyways, their serving breakfast, so if you don't want to miss the food, then we should go now..." he trailed on. 

"What time is it?" I rubbed my eyes. 

"9 am." 

I looked back at my messy room and said, " Yeah, I'll have to pass. I should really organize my stuff and clean up a little." 

"Why would you miss breakfast just to clean up your hotel room? That's why we have room service." he said dumbly. 

"I know, but....I don't want them touching my stuff. And I'll just pick up some coffee and a bagel after I'm done. I remember seeing a coffee shop somewhere around here." 

"Well, we're leaving tomorrow morning anyways, but suit yourself." he said, walking towards the elevators. I shut the door, taking a deep breath. I began to pick at my nails, ruining my manicure. Yes, I was hungry, but the question was still in my mind. Why hadn't Luke called me? Actually, none of the boys had called me, or even texted me. I didn't want to be a clingy girlfriend, but my mind kept wandering at all of the different possiblities. "They're probably just busy, get a grip, Ava." I said to myself. I sighed and walked over to where my dress was, picking it up. My stylist would be here soon to drop off my gown for the film festival tonight, so I should take good care of this dress first. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tonight was the night. I slipped on the designer gown, being extra careful, while Chelsea kept spraying hair spray on me. 

"Oh my god, you look gorgeous!" Chelsea said. She gave me a big hug and said, "Don't worry tonight, just have fun." 

"Thanks, Chelsea." I smiled. I looked at the full length mirror towards my black and white patterened dress. 

"Wait, we almost forgot your earrings!" Chelsea shrieked, holding up a pair of dangling diamond earrings. I think she was more excited for tonight than I was. I walked over, pulling up the front hem of my dress slightly, so I didn't trip. I tilted my head, as I put on the diamond earrings. 

"I swear, after today, you'll have thousands of guys asking you to marry them." Chelsea said. My eyes widened, as I was examing myself in the mirror. 

"Uh, I have a boyfriend..." I mumbled. 

"Oh, well then I bet he'll miss you even more after seeing pictures of you tonight, looking hot." she laughed. 

"Uh, yeah I guess..." I muttered. I wondered if Luke did miss me at all. I missed him like crazy, but did he miss me? Did he miss the way we slept together in each other's arms? Did he miss our enwined hands? I just needed to know if he was okay, but it was kind of impossible if he never called. I care about him so much, but did he still care about me? 

"Chelsea, can I have my phone? It's on my bed." I said, pointing towards it. 

"Sure." she walked over to the side of my bed where my phone lay, charging. She handed it over, and as soon as she did, I called Luke. Hopefully this isn't a bad time, I thought. I put the phone up to my ear and waited. After five rings, he still hadn't picked up and I was getting worried. Did something happen to him? I hung up the phone, my head beginning to hurt. 

"Are you okay?" Chelsea asked. 

"I'm fine, I think." I mumbled. 

"I hope Chase is ready, oh my god, you two are going to look so hot together on that carpet!" she shrieked once again. The both of us then headed out of the hotel room to meet up with Chase in the lobby. 

Once we arrived, Chelsea pushed me towards Chase, practically screaming. He was wearing a crisp black suit with a grey tie. 

"Typical." I said to Chase, trying to annoy him. 

"Wow, I don't even get a 'Hey Chase, you look nice.'" he mimicked my voice. 

"Seriously though, how many plain black suits do you have? Because you're always wearing one." I laughed. 

"What can I say, nothing suits me better than a suit." he smirked. He fixed his tie and pulled on his sleeves, before saying, "At least we're matching. Like at prom." 

"Yeah, like I would go to prom with you." 

"Um, who is dating a Victoria's Secret model?" 

"I still don't know why she agreed to go out with you." 

"You are so mean, Ava. What happened? We're in Toronto about to go to the Toronto Film Festival. Live a little." he said, nudging me. 

"You just don't get it, Chase." I said, before getting into the limo.

A/N: Wow, so I'm at 559 reads now, and that's pretty crazy. Thank you all so much for reading my story! It means so much to know that people are enoying this! So yeah, I put another picture of Ava's dress on the side. However, I don't imagine Ava as Nina Dobrev, I just like the way she dresses, so that's that. 

P.S I put in a How I Met Your Mother joke in there because why not?