Chapter 6

The traffic was the most annoying part of LA. The boys' show would be starting soon and I couldn't be late, since we had to leave right away to this "new location." I honked my horn to the car in front of me, signalling him to move. The traffic started up again, but I was still going to be late and probably miss their performance.

After about two hours, I reached the venue. Cars, trucks, vans, and limos filled the parking lot to the brim. Thousands and thousands of girls were on line either to buy merch or they were trying to get in the venue. The dads were waiting impatiently for their daughters to pick a shirt that probably costed at least forty dollars. The whole chaos scene reminded me of when I had forced my dad to take me to a concert, since my mom was working that night. Every day since I've been spending more time in LA, everything reminds me of my parents. I should really call them soon to check up, I said, making a mental note of that. I grabbed my black leather jacket from the back seat of my car, and stepped out. I tried to stay unseen and blend in, but it wasn't that easy. I opted for casual skinny jeans, a grey top, and my jacket that I wore everyday. I opened the trunk of my car and grabbed my duffel bag and a pair of boots, since I wasn't in the mood for walking in heels. In the front pocket of my bag was the backstage pass, where I was going to be watching the concert. Suddenly, all of the girls in front of the venue and inside, started to scream at the top of their lungs, which only meant one thing; the concert had started. As the girls scurried inside, I quickly sneaked past them. No one was supposed to know that we were working on the music video, since the boys' wanted it to be a surprise for the fans.

A bulky secruity guard with an earpiece walked towards me. He looked at my pass and said, "Please follow me, Ms. Harper." He then led me inside the venue, backstage. He stopped in front of a long hallway, and I nodded at him, saying thank you. He walked away from me, back outside to the screaming fans. The walls were painted all white down the hallway, but they were decorated with frames of different bands that had played here previously. The floors happen to be wooden, so with every step I took, the floor made it sound louder than it actually was, which bothered me. I was so engaged in the sound of my footsteps that I didn't realize where I was going. I was now stuck in a hallway with too many rooms that could lead me anywhere in this crazy venue.

"Are you lost?" a man with a British accent said. I turned around to see Harry Styles in front me with a worried expression. His eyebrows were furrowed and his big green eyes were looking straight at me. "Uh, yea-I actually am. The secruity guard dropped me off here, so I didn't know what room to go to-"

He laughed, "It's ok, I get it. I'm Harry by the way." He extended his arm out for me to shake.

"I'm Ava." I shook his hand, but then he chuckled and gave me his golden smile.

"I know who you are. The boys talk about you all the time. 'Today Ava did this', or 'Today she said this." he said, imitating them.

"Seriously? I don't really say anything interesting."

"Oh, well according to them, you are hilarious." I shook my head and laughed with him. Never in my life would I have thought that I would be here, laughing with Harry Styles.

"Do you want to hear a joke?" he said.

I shrugged my shoulders, as we were walking to the lounge area. "Sure."

"What do you call a fish with no eye?"

"I don't know."

"A fssh. Haha, get it?"

I let out a short laugh, since that joke was just plain corny. "I get it."

"Thanks for laughing though. No one really laughs at my jokes."

"No, they're funny." I smiled. He raised an eyebrow at me. "Ok, they're kind of corny." I dragged on. We continued to chat for a while, until the screams died down.

Harry and I were sitting on one of the couches backstage, still talking.

"I think that you look especially lovely in this picture." He said, showing me a picture of myself at the 2013 Teen Choice Awards.

"Oh god, I look so weird in that picture! It felt like ages ago." I whined, covering my face. Harry then laughed at me. "No you don't! You look so beautiful, in my opinion." I started to blush at his sudden compliments. We talked more, until from the corner of my eye, I saw Luke staring straight at Harry and I. His cheeks were flustered and his bright blue eyes were full of surprise. I broke the gaze to see that his grip on his guitar had tightened.

"You guys were amazing." I ran up to hug each one of them. They were all sweating from jumping around and singing their hearts out for forty straight minutes.

"Thanks Ava, but we got to go." Calum said. They all ran to put their guitars away and to get their stuff. Harry patted each of them on the back, before saying, "It's our turn to go on stage now, but I hope to see you soon, Ava." Harry said.

"Same to you, Harry. And good luck."

He began to walk away, but he suddenly turned back around. "I'm sorry, but if you didn't know already, Luke fancies you. A lot. I mean he looked really shocked to see me talking to his girl."

I playfully hit his shoulder and said, "Go on, Styles. You have a show to put on for millions of people," I pointed towards the door. "Good luck to the whole band."

"Thanks, Ava. But take up the Luke thing, if you want. That boy needs some loving-"

"Go on." I stated. He chuckled before running towards the stage. Just then, Ashton, Michael, Calum, and Luke appeared in the doorway. "Ready?" Ashton said. I grabbed my duffel bag and walked with them, thinking about what Harry had said.

We exited the venue through one of the emergency back doors, where no one could see us. Another bulky man in a suit, our driver, was standing near the black car. He put all of our bags in the trunk, and then the journey began. Michael slid into the passenger seat, next to the driver. Luke quickly climbed into the backseat, and I slid in next to him. Then Ashton and Calum raced to see who could fit in the last seat because the last person would have to sit in the very back of the car. Calum beat Ashton by only a few seconds.

"Ha ha ha ha." said Calum to Ashton.

"Shut up Calum." Ashton replied, climbing into the third row of seats. "Hey, I have the whole row to myself now, where I will sleep peacefully and Keek. So jokes on you."

We drove for about thirty minutes before I checked the time on my phone. I quicky glanced at Luke, who was calmly looking out the window at the passing cars. The bright lighted numbers on my phone read 12:07 pm. My eyes were growing heavy, as the time passed. This whole week was so tiring for me and the boys, that we all wanted to just sleep for two days.

"How much longer until we arrive?" I asked the driver.

"With this traffic, about another hour or so. You all might want to get some sleep." He said.

"That's the plan, " I said. I looked up to see Luke still focused on the passing cars. Ashton was lying down across all of the seats, sleeping peacefully and Calum and Michael were on their phones. I slowly moved closer to Luke, hoping that I could at least wrap an arm around him. Luke always made me feel safe, and he brought warmth to my heart. I hated to admit it sometimes, but I was falling hard for this idiot.

"Oh, sorry." Luke mumbled, as he noticed that I moved closer to him. I lay my sleepy head on his chest, as he awkardly wrapped an arm around my shoulder. I could feel his shaky hand on my shoulder, rubbing small, nervous circles. Michael then turned around in his seat to fully face us.

"Just put your arm around her, you pussy." He said and turned back around.

Luke and I laughed for the next few minutes, which ceased the tangible tension in the air. Luke then snaked his arm around me, and I fell asleep to the sound of his heartbeat.

A/N: Hey guys! So I hope that this chapter was better, I worked really hard on it. I personally liked this chapter, mainly because of the cuddling in the car :) Thanks for reading, you're all amazing :)