Chapter 12

Was I hallucinating? "Luke, what happened baby-" I was cut off by Luke running up to me, wrapping his arms around me tightly. The gesture was surprising, mainly because of his extremely strong grip, but I quickly started to rub his back. "Luke what-" I was cut off again by Luke's sniffling.

"Just tell me what happened Luke."

"Alright thanks," Michael said to the pizza guy. He stared at us for a second, but I nodded, signaling him to leave us alone. Michael took both of the boxes of pizza with him upstairs, probably to join Calum and Ashton. Once he was out of sight, I soothingly ran my hand through Luke's hair.

"What's wrong, baby?"

"I-I n-need to s-sit down." Luke whispered, wiping his eyes and leaving me standing in the kitchen. I watched him slowly pull out his phone, stare at it for a while, and then sit down on the couch with his head in his hands.

"So, is he a better kisser than me?" Luke asked, breaking the silence.

"Who, Luke?" I said.

"Chase." As he said that name, dragging it out like it was the name of the devil, my heart beat faster.

"Luke, he's just my costar, you know that."

"How come the fans were tweeting pictures of you two together, happy?"

"We were filming all day yesterday. He's supposed to play-"

"What, your love interest?" Luke said, almost yelling.

"It's just acting, Luke!" I said, this time actually yelling. "Luke, there is nothing happening between us, okay?"

"Oh really?" He said, standing up.

"Really."

"Then why is there a picture of you two kissing?! Do you think this is funny? I was literally crying all day! Guys are not supposed to cry over the girl!"

"Luke, it's fine to cry, it shows that you're human." I reached up to stroke his arm, but he flinched away. His reflex was so fast that his elbow hit me right in the nose. My jaw dropped and my hand flew to my nose. Luke's eyes widened at his own action. "Ava, I'm so sorry! Really, I didn't mean it!" He reached up to remove my hand from my nose, and I allowed him to do so. His blue eyes searched my entire face, looking for forgiveness.

"What is going on here?" Ashton said, coming down the stairs. He stopped when he saw my hand covering my nose. "Ava, are you okay?"

"Guys, I'm fine." I said.

"It's all my fault, it's all my fault." Luke kept saying.

"Luke, it's not your fault. It was a reflex."

"Ava, I JUST HIT YOU." He yelled. Ashton came up behind Luke and put a hand on his shoulder. Luke then ran to get a heated towel.

"Ashton, I'm fine. It hurt at first, but I'm fine now."

"Ava, your nose is red. Like Rudolph the reindeer." He said, giggling.

"Shut up." Luke then came running back with a warm towel in his hand. He pressed the towel to my nose gently.

"Ava, I'm so sorry." He whispered.

"It's fine, Luke." I whispered back. He closed his eyes and kissed my nose. I smiled at his gesture. He really is special huh? Chase's words rang through my head. "Yeah." I whispered.

"What?" Ashton and Luke said at the same time.

"Nothing." I said, quickly.

"We should probably finish the pizza, before it gets really cold." Luke said.

Ashton went back upstairs to get Michael and Calum.

"I'm so sorry, Ava. Not just for elbowing you in the nose, but for accusing you of...cheating." He mumbled the last part.

"It's ok, Luke." I said, intertwining our hands.

"Calum told me that he was your costar, but I was so mad that I didn't believe him." I chuckled, and then we just stared at each other in silence.

"I love you, Ava. You know that right?" Luke said. I was about to reply, but I realized that this was the first time that Luke said that he loved me. My heart skipped not just one, but many beats.

"I-I," I cleared my throat. "I love you too, Hemmings."

A/N: Hey guys! I'm sorry, I know that this chapter is short :( I got in the mood to write and I came up with this whole idea so I typed it all down. That's why I updated so fast lol. Thanks for reading!