Chapter 27

I was pacing in my bedroom, thinking about whether I should stop by the 5sos house, or to just ignore their existence. I had gotten messages from Michael saying I should come over just to talk, but I never replied. I was still looking for different castings to audition for, and they were last on my list of priorities.

I leaned against my marble counter, eating cereal, in only sweatpants and a tank top, when I heard the mail man outside my door. I put my spoon down and walked over to my door to pick up the mail. I looked through each envelope, ignoring the irrevelant ones, but one particularly stood out. I broke the seal and pulled out the paper inside. It was a polariod the boys sent me. The picture was of a smiling Ashton and Michael by his side. I flipped it over, where they wrote me a message.

"We miss you! -Ash"

"Are you enjoying not having pizza every night?- Michael"

I chuckled at their notes, causing my mood to lighten up. Maybe I will see them, I thought. But what about Luke, Ava?

There really wasn't anything I could do about Luke at this point. The two of us had to act like adults and talk about it. Hopefully over time, we will both learn to look each other in the eye.

I unplugged my phone from its charger and called Ashton to see if the band was free today. It rang for a few seconds, before he picked up on the fifth ring.

"Ava? Oh my god, we haven't talked in so long. I was about to go crazy." I could hear him constantly giggling and laughing in the background.

"Yes, it's me." I grinned, acting like I was so important.

"Okay, calm down. Your fame was only for a few seconds."

"Whatever. On a serious note though, how are you feeling?"

"I'm good. I feel much better, but my belly button is kind of ugly."

"Oh no, poor you." I laughed. Ashton always made me laugh no matter what. He could talk about anything in the world and we would be dying of laughter. "Anyways, I was wondering if you guys are...home." I asked shyly.

"Yeah, we're home. Do you want to come over?"

"If that's alright with the others..." I trailed off. I could feel him hesitate, as he replied.

"It should be fine with them. You're always welcome here, Ava. This was your home for a while."

"I know, but um," I paused.

"I get it, Ava. We really want to see you though. If it gets awkward, you are very welcome to leave." he giggled.

"Okay, I'll be there. Say about twenty minutes." I smiled, before hanging up and going into my bedroom to change.

I arrived at the 5sos house a little late, mainly because I didn't know what to wear. Finally, after most of my clothes were thrown on the floor, I put on a pair of skinny jeans and my friend's gray Pierce The Veil sweater.

I knocked on their door, anxiously waiting for them to open. I heard the knob twist and then Ashton opened the door, his arms ready for a hug.

"Ava! God, it's so good to see you." he said into my hair.

"I missed you, too. Where's everyone else?" I asked.

"Well, Luke's upstairs in hiding, Michael is in the bathroom, and Calum is- Oh there he is!" Ashton pointed behind him, where Calum entered.

"Hey, I'll get the others." Calum said, going up the stairs. Michael soon came downstairs, with Luke keeping his head low.

"I got your polariod by the way. It came in the mail." i told Ashton as we made our way to the living room.

"Oh, I almost forgot about that. You see, I had an idea where we send you a picture whenever we were in a different country, but we got lazy and forgot every time." he admitted.

"Ava, what's up?" Michael said, joining us.

"Nothing much." I mumbled, trying not to stare at Luke. Tears began to well up, so I quickly changed the subject.

"Uh, I brought these for you." I pointed towards the cookies.

"As if we're not fat enough," Michael muttered, as he made his way over to the cookies. I chuckled at him, when Luke's eyes met mine.

"Hi," he waved. I silently waved back to him. Ashton, noticing the obvious tension, cleared his throat.

"Ava, could I talk to you?" he glared at Luke. "alone."

I nodded, as he led me to his bedroom. He closed the door behind him and took a deep breath.

"Ava, we're really sorry about everything. We had no idea Luke didn't tell you. You know, the tour was so sudden, and he missed his family-"

"Ashton, I'm not mad at you. It was his responsibility to tell me and he didn't." I crossed my arms.

"It's kind of our fault, too. I mean, we could've told you ourselves, but we didn't. Please, he's miserable without you." The tears that I thought were completely gone, came back and ran down my cheeks.

"I'll try." I whispered. "I'll try to act like it's alright."

"Thank you." he said, wrapping his arms around me.

The both of us walked back to the living room, where Luke and Michael were already on their Xbox.

"Guys, listen." Calum said, slapping them both in the head. "So, Ava. We have some promotions to do in Australia and we're leaving next week. Would you like to tag along?" Calum asked, pouting.

"Well," I started. Should I do this? I would get to spend more time with my friends, and maybe I could rekindle my relationship with Luke. Ashton did want me to act like everything was okay around him.

"Sure, why not? I don't have anything right now." I said. They all cheered, even Luke.

A/N: Hey guys! So, Only Us Two is at 770 reads! Thank you guys for much for reading and remember to vote! In the next couple chapters, you'll see more of Luke and how he acts around Ava.