Chapter 4

The drive to the restaruant was only twenty minutes, which was definitely not a long enough drive. We were all laughing the whole time, and I didn't want it to end. I cherished every moment that I had with these guys because soon our schedules were going to get crazy busy. I especially enjoyed moments with Luke like this where he's so laidback and funny at times. 

"So, the paper said that the biggest onion was an eyewatering sight."

Silence then filled the car, with only the soft muffle of the radio. Luke then spoke in a low voice, "Calum that wasn't funny. At all." 

"If it wasn't funny, then how come I couldn't stop laughing this morning? Huh?" He retorted.

I pulled a confused look and said, "When were you laughing this morning?" Calum then threw his hands in the air. 

"At breakfast!" 

"Calum, that didn't sound like laughter." Ashton said, while driving. In between my laughter I choked out, "Oh god Calum, we thought that you were crying or something. You were just covering your face, making no noise." 

Calum pouted, sticking out his bottom lip. "Aww, we're sorry Cal." I said, putting a hand on his shoulder. Luke leaned down and whispered in my ear, "Is he going to start crying?" I snickered, but immediatly covered my mouth with the both of my hands. Luke and I always shared jokes together, which pretty much became our "thing."

"Well, I think we all know who's your favorite member Ava." Ashton said. In the car mirror, he wiggled his eyebrows, as if suggesting something. I leaned towards the driver's seat and said, "Yeah, Calum is great." Calum didn't even make eye contact with me. "Did you just say that to make me feel better?" He then faked a cry. 

"Is this some kind of chick flick? Ashton drive faster. I'm freaking hungry." Michael interrupted us. Lucky for him, we arrived at the restaruant in no time.

In the front of the restaruant, the paparazzi were blocking the entrance. "Ava, hey Ava! Look over here!"

"Ashton!"

"Luke!"

"Calum!"

"Michael! Look over here!" They screamed. All five of us kept our heads low, avoiding any cameras. Suddenly, I looked up to see so many fans run up to us. "Ava! Oh my god, it's Ava Harper!" I smiled at the girls and waved to them. A pair of arms held my waist tightly, and I looked up to see Luke. He held onto me protectively, and I couldn't help but smile at his kindness. 

"Can we get a picture please?" I walked over to the group of fans and took almost all of their pictures. Luke immediatly returned to my side, holding me protectively. Michael was on the other side of us, blocking the paparazzi's line of sight. 

"Are they dating? Wow, I knew that she would end up dating one of them!" I let out a chuckle, expecting to read so many crazy articles about me tonight. 

We got inside the restaruant, thankfully, only a couple minutes after the crazy outburst. I walked up to the waitress, who looked annoyed to be here. Luke had let go of his grip on me, which caused a pit to form in my stomach. I felt secure and safe with Luke so close to me. Does he still think of me as more than a friend? I thought. 

Are you stupid? It's only been a day since he admitted that he liked you, my subconsious mocked me. I just shook off the thoughts and approached the waitress. "Hi, can we have a table for five?" She gave me a quick shake of her head before leading us to our table. "Oh, and sorry about the crowd out there." She glanced at me and then at the boys before muttering, "Oh, I bet you are." 

We were given a red booth towards the back of the restaruant, but not too far from the door. Calum and Luke sat on the left side, followed by Michael and Ashton, who were on the right side of the booth. I squeezed in next to Ashton, and glanced over at Luke. He was staring off into space again, playing with his lip ring. 

The same annoying waitress came to our table, asking if we were ready to order. We all gave our orders, and after half an hour, she came back with our food. 

"Please Ashton, I'll pay for my own." I said to him, while stabbing my fork into the pasta. 

"Come on Ava, just let us pay."

"If I let you pay, then I'm going to feel bad. I'll have to pay you back." 

"Ava, just relax and eat your pasta." Ashton said, rolling his eyes. 

A/N:  I'm sorry, I know that this chapter is really short, but I was suffering from writer's block. I didn't know how to move the story along, so I ended it at pasta. But the next chapter will be better (hopefully lol) so yea 

Thanks for 36 reads by the way! It means a lot to me (I say that a lot sorry)